BinaryData Content x URL

BinaryData Content x URL

Hi everyone.

My mobile app has some aggregates to fetch records from a table with a binary field (table named FILE).

Some aggregates, returns the binary content as a encoded string (I guess Hex64). Others, returns a URL on the _BinaryDataURL field (this field is automagically created by Outsystems and can be seen on the Network browser monitor).

My Question is:

Does anybody knows how Outsystems decides to return the binary data url or the binary data content ?

It is really slow when it returns the whole file content encoded as string.

How can I avoid that ?

Thanks in avance.

Att

Luciano Guimaraes

Hi Luciano,

Could you show us a screenshot of where that "binary content as a encoded string" and the "_BinaryDataURL field" appear in the Network browser monitor?

Do those two contents come both from Database, from Local Storage or from both?

Cheers,

José

Hi José.

Please see the attached file.

It shows two screens. On first one, an image is fetched WITH BinaryData attribute filled. The second screen shows another image fetched WITHOUT BinaryData filled (which is much faster).

I tried to modify the first screen but at some point it fetches the binary data as string and things becomes really slow. I could not understand how to fix it. I just need the BinaryDataURL.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Att

Luciano

Hi Luciano,

I'm not entirely sure of what is happening in your case, but I did some testing and from those tests I also got images that took some time to be fetched and others that were almost instantaneously. Even the same images.

My conclusion was that the first time, the image is fetched from the server and took longer. After that the image was in some cache and it did not take any time.

I do not know how to help you further. Maybe you can resize (or change resolution) the images to make them smaller in size. Or store them in LocalStorage.

Cheers,

José

Hi José.

I really appreciate your help. I'll give a try on your ideas (smaller images and local storage).

In this mean time, I'll keep this post opened to get any futher suggestions.

Best regards.