[InAppBrowser Plugin] InAppbrowser closed using the done button

[InAppBrowser Plugin] InAppbrowser closed using the done button

Forge Component
(5)
Published on 2017-04-27 by OutSystems R&D
5 votes
Published on 2017-04-27 by OutSystems R&D

hi,

I am using a component which uses the inappbrowser(idp mobile). I need to disable the done button at the bottom left of the screen. Or I need to trigger an event ONLY when the DONE button is clicked. the in app browser exit is triggered even after successful login as well as when the browser is closed using the Done button.

Keya Madhukar wrote:

hi,

I am using a component which uses the inappbrowser(idp mobile). I need to disable the done button at the bottom left of the screen. Or I need to trigger an event ONLY when the DONE button is clicked. the in app browser exit is triggered even after successful login as well as when the browser is closed using the Done button.

Hello, Keya,

If I understood correctly, you need either to disable the "Done" button (and its Android equivalent) or be able to trigger an event when it is tapped, correct?

If so, I believe you can achieve the first approach if you don't need the "Back"/"Forward" buttons: you can disable the bar altogether, setting the "Options.iOS.Toolbar" to "False". This and other options are better described in the plugin's respective GitHub page.

Does this solve it for you? Please let us know!

Best regards,

Carlos Simões

Carlos Simões wrote:

Keya Madhukar wrote:

hi,

Hello, Keya,

If I understood correctly, you need either to disable the "Done" button (and its Android equivalent) or be able to trigger an event when it is tapped, correct?

If so, I believe you can achieve the first approach if you don't need the "Back"/"Forward" buttons: you can disable the bar altogether, setting the "Options.iOS.Toolbar" to "False". This and other options are better described in the plugin's respective GitHub page.

Does this solve it for you? Please let us know!

Best regards,

Carlos Simões

Hi Carlos, 

Thank you. This approach worked for iOS. But in android, i will not be able to remove the hardware back button or the cross. So a better approach would be to have an event for this in particular or for the close of a browser right? 

Thanks And Regards

Keya Madhukar

Well, to take care of the cross, the only way I see to achieve it is to get rid of the location bar altogether (via Options.Location), but it leaves the back button problem unsolved.

You could use this plugin to control the back button on Android, but I'm not sure if you're OK with losing the location input or the fact that the UI will look different.