Help name our community mascot and get a prize!

Help name our community mascot and get a prize!

We have big news. One could even say news that’s out of this world. We have just launched our official OutSystems community mascot!  Do you want to know more about its story? Jet pack on over here.

What’s in a Name?

We love our mascot, but we also want you, the OutSystems developers, to love it. So, to bring you and the rest of the OutSystems Community in on the love, we’re asking for your help. We want you to give our space traveller a name.

Submit your name idea here, in this thread. 

To enter:

• Reply to this thread with your name suggestion.

• Only suggest one name per comment.

• Only the name submissions in this thread will be considered for the Community Choice winner.

• Submit as many name suggestions as you wish—as long as they abide by these *Terms and Conditions and the **OutSystems Community Code of Conduct

To vote:

• “Like” the name or names you think are the best.

• You can like as many submissions as you wish.

Winning and Prizes:

• There will be 1 Community Choice winner.

• The name suggestion with the most “likes” will be the Community Choice” winner.

• The winner will receive an *Amazon Echo Dot and Mascot swag pack.

*Please read the Terms and Conditions here. 

**Please read the Community Code of Conduct here.

Once you’re done, check out the mascot’s brand new landing page and share it with the universe! 

Happy naming!

Carla and the Community Team

I already sent this via the NextStep app, but I'd like to submit "Smallstep". After all, learning OutSystems is a small step for a developer, but a giant leap for productivity :).

Scotty the Mascot

Beam me up!

OutCody

Os

:)

N.X.T. (Nextgeneration Xtraordinaire Tool)

Oreta (unisex)

The Greek concept of striving for excellence in all aspects of one's life

VINCI

Latin for Conqueror.

OLYMPUS

The home of the twelve greater gods, identified in later antiquity with mount Olympus in Greece.

Neil OutStrong!

Eduardo Espace (pronounced the french way) or Ed Espace (the english way) Espace meaning outer space and referring to the espaces in OS.

Regards, Harry

Ziggy

Out-X

OutStronaut

Outty

Alfie

Jet Jaguar

Red Dwarf

The Jetsons

JADU

A very famous character in Indian movie came from another planet who helps people and simplifies the life of weak person and his friends.

In Indian terms JADU means miracle and once miracle happens, after that people's life get changed and helps them to achieve their goals with the support of JADU.

Tachyonaut

Tachyons are a putative class of particles which able to travel faster than the speed of light. Tachyons were first proposed by physicist Arnold Sommerfeld, and named by Gerald Feinberg. The word tachyon derives from the Greek  (tachus), meaning "speedy." Tachyons have the strange properties that, when they lose energy, they gain speed. Consequently, when tachyons gain energy, they slow down. The slowest speed possible for tachyons is the speed of light.

Tachyon07A

J. wrote:

Ziggy

But can they play guitar?

Alpha

A reference to Alpha Centauri, the brightest star in Centauri system and a reasonable goal for our first star travel.

It makes sense because OutSystems is the best and brightest solution. And because there are no impossibles: even our dreams of reaching the stars can come true if we target the right place.

McFly

An homage to Marty McFly from "Back to the Future", a common guy that used an incredible tool (DeLorean) to fix wrongs from the backlog (timeline) so fast that no one noticed he was gone. Clearly an OS user :)

The selection of the surname instead of the first name was to make it gender neutral, and because the word Fly is associated with speed and going to impossible places.

Hey everyone,

So much enthusiasm, that's great!

Before submitting a name please read the Terms and Conditions - some of the above entries will surely not be approved and that also distorts the "votes" (likes) of the community.

Cheers,

Tiago

OStronaut

Outcoder

Out-streamers

Prime

Homage to Optimus prime and the dynasty of Primes

Prime numbers - foundation of RSA cryptosystem

Prime in english dictionary means:

• main or most important
  • of the best quality
  • the period in your life when you are most active or successful

Resultado de imagem para optimus prime

Bazinga

Level'UP

Agile

Probe Curiosity 

AstronOut

CosmonOut

Or simply RocketMan:-)

OutBot

Astro!

OScOSmOS

3 OSes means OS has great speed in 3 actions: client action, server action, and entity action.

Image result for ultraman cosmos Image result for ultraman cosmosImage result for ultraman cosmos

OFast

Oh my gosh...Outsystems is Fast!

Mr Rocket

Maximum...a.k.a MAX (...or Maximus)

We need short easy to remember name. 

At first I recall BayMax AI robot from Big Heroes 6. So it must be max somewhere :) max to productivity, max to easiness, max to developers, max to anything else, you name it.

Optionally if you want to brand it related to Outsystems some other suggestion like MaxOs, MaxMan, MaxMoon could be considered but looks it is not a name but an abbreviation.

Outgo

Something that goes out, To go beyond, exceed or surpass.

Shashank...

outpower

- outdo or surpass in power,

- to have more power than.

Shashank...

Antenna

R.O.V.E.R

ATOM

Aurora

Starry

Comet

Corona

S.O.L.A.R

Orbit

ready to go round the world! And the O symbol matches with the outfit.

Flux

Rocky

sounds tough yet outer space is rocky enough to conquer

Great ideas everyone! 

Don't forget to vote on your favourite ones   

OS.MAN

like he is my man but this is our OS man. But it sounds a little middle eastern. 

Maverick

Someone who refuses to play by the rules. he/she isn't scared to cross the line of conformity. but their unorthodox tactics get results!

“It is impossible to be a maverick or a true original if you’re too well behaved and don’t want to break the rules. You have to think outside the box. That’s what I believe. After all, what is the point of being on this earth if all you want to do is be liked by everyone and avoid trouble?”
— Arnold Schwarzenegger

Barong Bali wrote:

OScOSmOS

3 OSes means OS has great speed in 3 actions: client action, server action, and entity action.

Image result for ultraman cosmos Image result for ultraman cosmosImage result for ultraman cosmos

xD

Goku

LowCody

AstroBoy

REG

It's like the perfect robot name.

GeniOS

The man behind the code as Einstein is the man behind the mind.

LINK

OutLander

BigOS

Big O notation is used in Computer Science to describe the performance or complexity of an algorithm. Big Ospecifically describes the worst-case scenario, and can be used to describe the execution time required or the space used (e.g. in memory or on disk) by an algorithm.Jun 23, 2009

Captain Nimble

Dodo

Oscod (the OS Coder)

El CeeDee (Low Code Developer)

WeboMOut

Web- Web Apps

Mob-Mobile Apps

Thinking in O.S. Enterprise, I remembered U.S.S.Enterprise's mission statement "to explore strange new worlds"? Well, this little mascot isn't simply going to explore worlds. It's going to build something on them.

How was the full sentence? "Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before." That's right! Boldly going where no one has gone before! There are several people and jobs from the Portuguese culture that would fit perfectly, but we need something bigger. Something worldwide. Looking to space programs, one word stood out. Pioneer. Of the several programs to space, manned or unmanned missions, Pioneer is the one that most resembles OutSystems:

• It went where no human had gone before (first human-made object to leave the solar system).
  • It has a plaque explaining Earth Math and earthlings to alien lifeforms, so is universal and easy to learn.
  • It did more that everyone expected working for about 30 years in never before experienced conditions.

So I recommend the name Pioneer and I hope your vote agrees with me.

Buzz - like Buzz Lightyear, the greatest astronaut we ever heard about, going to infinity and beyond. And like the buzz surrounding OutSystems, the greatest platform we ever heard about.

Phantom

Mr. Tom Phan.

Sonic 

In honor of the fast and agile character of the games.

Kaizen

Meaning:

"In business, kaizen refers to activities that continuously improve all functions and involve all employees from the CEO to the assembly line workers. It also applies to processes, such as purchasing and logistics, that cross organizational boundaries into the supply chain. It has been applied in healthcare, psychotherapy, life-coaching, government, banking, and other industries."

Perfect match with OutSystems, isn't it? :)

Extra Info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaizen

Hélder Anselmo wrote:

Kaizen

Meaning:

"In business, kaizen refers to activities that continuously improve all functions and involve all employees from the CEO to the assembly line workers. It also applies to processes, such as purchasing and logistics, that cross organizational boundaries into the supply chain. It has been applied in healthcare, psychotherapy, life-coaching, government, banking, and other industries."

To support my choice   

RADdy the Developer

Hélder Anselmo wrote:

Hélder Anselmo wrote:

Kaizen

Meaning:

To support my choice   

This name is absolutely amazing! You should really pick this name. Thanks Outsystems!

Amigos

Oscar

Borneo

OutMan

Owen

OutFaster

zApp

OutWorthy

OSGrav

outre

grand

OScar

Osmosis

OS

Just OS! :D

Atlas 

:)

OSLO

OutSystems LOw-code

Econs

“Behavioral economics [is] a field that only exists because regular economics is based on an idealized economic agent, sometimes called Homo Economicus. In the book we refer to such creatures as Econs. Econs are creatures that can calculate like a super computer, never get tempted by fatty or sweet foods, never get distracted, and probably aren’t a whole lot of fun to be around. In contrast, real people, who in the book we call humans, don’t make any appearance in standard economics. Behavioral economics is economics about humans. Humans are busy, can’t solve every problem instantaneously, and get tempted by luscious desserts. Sometimes they need some help.”

Ozzie the Astronaut

(Soft pun on OutSystems)

Kaizen is good too :) I'll throw my support behind that answer.

Outy

Slingshot

Suraj Borade wrote:

JADU

A very famous character in Indian movie came from another planet who helps people and simplifies the life of weak person and his friends.

In Indian terms JADU means miracle and once miracle happens, after that people's life get changed and helps them to achieve their goals with the support of JADU.

:)  hahah.. yes suraj actually..