Sms reports

Hello,
I´m trying to retrieve the report of an sms message, is there any solution that i can see as example?
I tried to search for docs about this issue, but the ones i found weren´t concluisive.
Can anyone help me with this issue.
Tanks in advanced. Cheers,
H.Marques
Hi Helder,

I am assuming that you already have a working SMS flow to send messages in your espace and that you have the SMS Gateway and the Service Center configured accordingly.
Now you want to add the capability of receiving the SMS Delivery Reports.

There is a System Action in Service Studio called OnDeliveryReport (Menu Insert->System actions->On Delivery Report). This action is automatically invoked by the platform when a Delivery Report arrives. There you have access to a data structure with the information returned by the SMS Gateway.
Don't forget that, in order to receive the Delivery Reports you must configure the property Delivery Report on the Send Message to On or Failure Only (according to your objectives).

More information about Delivery Reports in the platform
More information about OnDeliveryReport system action.

Hope this helps.
João
Hi João,

I already had seen that action, but i can't figure out how to implement it...
Is there any sample, or can you please give an example that shows me exactly how to implement it?
The links to the help guide you sent me are from service studio 4.0, i'm using service studio 3.2 is there any diference reguarding the implementation.
Thanks in advanced. Cheers,
H.Marques
Hi Helder,

There is no significant difference in this action from version 3.2 to version 4.0.
The implementation of the action doesn't have much to be explained. When a Delivery Report arrives, the action is called like a callback with the structure (explained in the Help section about the OnDeliveryReport) already filled with the data from it. Then you add your code like you would do in any other action, using the data from the structure.
Maybe if you can explain me exactly what is your requirement regarding the delivery reports i can help you in a more effective way.

Hope it helps
João
Hi joão,
Nevertheless, i cant still figure out how to implement it correctly , i have already added the action 'OnDeliveryReport' to my *.oml, so i guess that in service center de field DLR Status in Sms Log, should be <> from "", actually it isn't, has you can see in the image that is attached to this post.
So in this case i going to ask you, to please, take a look at the *.oml attached to this post, and give me some feedback about it.
H.Marques
Hi Helder,

The OnDeliveryReport system action is only needed if you want to process the DLR result. For the platform to receive the Delivery Reports and fill the DLR Status in SMS Log, setting the Delivery Report option on the send SMS to ON is enough.
Sorry for not having made this point clear, before.

If the DLR Satus is empty, is because the platform is not receiving them.
What configuration are you using to send and receive messages from the Outsystems platform?

João
Hi João,
Has you can see in the *.oml that i sent you in the previous post, the flag 'Delivery Report' of the 'Send message properties' in configured with the state 'On'.
The gsm modem i'm using is a siemens mc35, and the 'smsgateway.conf' file that contains the configuration is attached to this post
H.Marques
Hello,
I still can't figure out how to receive notification reports afther sending a sms, can anyone welp me with this issue?
Tanks in advanced.

H.Marques
Hi Helder,

You can only have full support of SMS Reports using and EMI or SMPP connection to an SMSC. Using GSM modems you will not have delivery reports. In the future this might change, but we have no plans for it at the moment.

Greetings,
Lúcio

Hi Lúcio;

Tanks for the answer.
Cheers
H.Marques