beta integration studio j2ee parameters in edit->options

beta integration studio j2ee parameters in edit->options

What do I need to install to compile rss extension in beta integration studio?

This extension uses java and .net source code, bu tI don't have j2ee properties defined.

Can anyone give me an example of the values to put in the box and products needed to be installed?

Thank you in advance

(note: see the (printed screen) panel I want in the attachment)
Hi Pedro,

In order to compile a Both (.Net and J2EE) extension you need a Java SDK and Apache Ant installed on your machine. Eclipse SDK/IDE can also be necessary if you want to edit J2EE source code.

If you're not interested in the J2EE version of the extension, you can change the Application Server Type to .Net and republish/recompile the extension.

If you want to continue with a Both extension, you need to install Java SDK and Apache Ant, and set the correct parameter values in the option's "J2EE" tab, as follow:

Eclipse SDK: "c:\program files\eclipse\eclipse.exe"
Apache Ant tool: "c:\program files\apache-ant\bin\ant.bat"
Apache Ant Options: jar

You will also need to configure environment variable JAVA_HOME with java home direrctory, e.g., "c:\program files\java\jdk5".

You can check in Start->Programs->OutSystems Platform->"Integration Studio Configuration Checklist.txt" where you have a complete configuration check list for both platforms.

João Portela
Thank you for the reply. I've searched for that file but found no reference to it in the start Menu folder you mentioned. I only have "online help and resources" and "agile solutions for IT" subfolder under start Menu-> programs -> outsystem folder. Is it because I have the new beta release?

My post was because I was trying to install RSS extension.

I get an error in .net compilation and can't figure out why. I only want .net app server.

I thougth that because the extension has source in both .net and j2ee languages, it was generation an error because of my configuration.

this is the generated output in service center:

.NET Compilation.
Project "C:\Windows\Temp\afa03e7b-b5f5-46f7-8931-d3f3a8369986\RSS\Source\NET\RSS.sln" (Rebuild target(s)):
Project "C:\Windows\Temp\afa03e7b-b5f5-46f7-8931-d3f3a8369986\RSS\Source\NET\RSS.sln" is building "C:\Windows\Temp\afa03e7b-b5f5-46f7-8931-d3f3a8369986\RSS\Source\NET\RSS.NET\RSS.NET.csproj" (Rebuild target(s)):

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Csc.exe /noconfig /unsafe- /checked- /nowarn:1701,1702 /nostdlib- /warn:4 /doc:doc.xml /baseaddress:285212672 /define:TRACE /reference:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Data.dll /reference:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.dll /reference:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Xml.dll /debug- /filealign:4096 /optimize+ /out:obj\Release\RSS.NET.dll /target:library /warnaserror- AssemblyInfo.cs RssFeed.cs RssModule.cs RssModuleItem.cs RssReader.cs RssWriter.cs Collections\ExceptionCollection.cs Collections\RssCategoryCollection.cs Collections\RssChannelCollection.cs Collections\RssFeedCollection.cs Collections\RssItemCollection.cs Collections\RssModuleCollection.cs Collections\RssModuleItemCollection.cs Collections\RssModuleItemCollectionCollection.cs RssChannel\RssChannel.cs RssChannel\RssCloud.cs RssChannel\RssImage.cs RssChannel\RssTextInput.cs RssItem\RssEnclosure.cs RssItem\RssGuid.cs RssItem\RssItem.cs RssItem\RssSource.cs RssModules\RssBlogChannel.cs RssModules\RssCreativeCommon.cs RssModules\RssPhotoAlbum.cs Shared\DBBool.cs Shared\RssCategory.cs Shared\RssDefault.cs Shared\RssElement.cs Shared\RssEnumerators.cs
AssemblyInfo.cs(49,12): warning CS1699: Use command line option '/keyfile' or appropriate project settings instead of 'AssemblyKeyFile'
CSC : error CS1548: Cryptographic failure while signing assembly 'c:\WINDOWS\Temp\afa03e7b-b5f5-46f7-8931-d3f3a8369986\RSS\Source\NET\RSS.NET\obj\Release\RSS.NET.dll' -- 'Error reading key file '..\..
ss.snk' -- The system cannot find the file specified. '
Done building project "RSS.NET.csproj" -- FAILED.

is it a configuration problem or extension malformed? any suggestion?

by the way, your documentation only refers to the Apache Ant tool parameter: ANT_HOME and not ANT_HOME\bin\ant.bat (or .sh in linux) as you suggested.

thanks in advance

Pedro A. da Ponte