[Test Framework] Support for UI testing with Selenium?

[Test Framework] Support for UI testing with Selenium?

Forge Component
(13)
Published on 26 Mar by Indigo Leap
13 votes
Published on 26 Mar by Indigo Leap

Hi there,

Does "Test Framework" support UI testing with Selenium?

If so, I would like to know how to do UI testing with Selenium in "Test Framework".

Best Regards,

Kosuke Ogawa

Solution

Hi Kosuke,

at this moment it is not possible to do UI testing with Selenium. But it is in our plans to do that in the near future.

Best regards,

João Tavares

Solution

Hi João,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Best Regards,

Kosuke Ogawa

Kosuke,

I thank you for your interest in Test Framework. I suggest that we have a quick call, maybe we can help you: as I said, we are already working in this feature, so we can try to help you to do the setup of our Alpha version for the UI tests with Selenium.  

Our email is testframework@indigo.pt.

Let us know :)

Best Regards,

Hi João,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Actually, according to the instructions document, I had setuped Test Framework Automation Server. and then Test Configuration is "Tested Ok". However, even if it is setting in Define and Run Test Suite, the result will be N/A.

Is there any setting other than instructions document?

Also, I would like to know how to set Configure / Define for UI test with Selenium in Test Framework. I would appreciate it if you could tell me an example of setup.

Best Regards,

Kosuke Ogawa

Hi,

We would also be interested in using a single test framework for Unit/API *and* UI testing.

What are the possibilities for UI testing?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Simon

Dear Kosuke, Dear Simon,

Thank you for your inquiries about UI testing with the Test Framework.

In the past we had support Selenium tests using and Automation Server, and we included instructions on how to install it. We concluded that the feature was not very user friendly and that installing the Automation Server was not straightforward for all the users that had interest in it.

We are actively working in a different packaging of this feature, more user friendly and allowing for simpler setup.

In the meantime, if you are interested in this topic, I suggest that you contact us by email (testframework@indigo.pt) and we'll try to understand how we can better help you in this area.

Warm regards,

The Test Framework team

Hello Guys,

Just a quick update on this thread to let you know that the Test Framework now includes Beta support for the GhostInspector Automated Web User Interface testing.

Please get in touch with us if you are interested in it.

Regards,

Frederico