[Discovery] Discovery: When taking a new snapshot modules are not categorized in layers anymore

[Discovery] Discovery: When taking a new snapshot modules are not categorized in layers anymore

Forge Component
(46)
Published on 6 Feb by Telmo Martins
46 votes
Published on 6 Feb by Telmo Martins

Hi,

Recently we noticed that when we take a new snapshot with Discovery all modules are not categorized anymore and we have to select each of them again and assign a layer to them.

Is there a way for when taking a new snapshot to remember what layer was assign to the existing module and just recheck new dependencies or new modules?

Thank you,

Ileana

ileana oltean wrote:

Hi,

Recently we noticed that when we take a new snapshot with Discovery all modules are not categorized anymore and we have to select each of them again and assign a layer to them.

Is there a way for when taking a new snapshot to remember what layer was assign to the existing module and just recheck new dependencies or new modules?

Thank you,

Ileana

Hi Ileana.
The behaviour you are describing is highly unexpected. Just tried now with the last version and it is working
Are you using the latest version? 2.1.1 for OutSystems 9 or 3.1.1 for OutSystems 10. You can check the version on the header of any Discovery screen.
The only situation that comes to my mind that can cause lost of classifications, is if you imported a snapshot, made changes on the classifications, and then created a new snapshot - in this case, classifications are not transited to the new capture

Hi Francisco,

I had an old version of Discovery, I uninstalled the component and installed the last version and now I do not have that problem anymore. 

Thanks,

Ileana