Views
Comments
[InAppBrowser Plugin] Extract URL from InAppBrowser
Question
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Published on 09 Jan 2020

Hi.

I'm making use of the InAppBrowser plugin on Forge. In my scenario, there is an authentication taking place, wherein the browser redirects to a new page. Is it possible to extract this new URL from the InAppBrowser, as it contains an access token which is required for further steps? 

Saurav Sircar wrote:

Hi.

I'm making use of the InAppBrowser plugin on Forge. In my scenario, there is an authentication taking place, wherein the browser redirects to a new page. Is it possible to extract this new URL from the InAppBrowser, as it contains an access token which is required for further steps? 

Hi Saurav, 

I am facing the same issue. Did you solve this?

Hi folks,
I am looking for something similar.

Did anyone resolve this?
Thanks,
Assif

Hi, 

you try the InAppBrowserEvents component, it enables the usage of the InAppBrowser events.

The events are:

• loadstart: event fires when the InAppBrowser starts to load a URL.
  • loadstop: event fires when the InAppBrowser finishes loading a URL.
  • loaderror: event fires when the InAppBrowser encounters an error when loading a URL.
  • exit: event fires when the InAppBrowser window is closed.
  • beforeload: event fires when the InAppBrowser decides whether to load an URL or not (only with option beforeload set).

There is one event that is not yet available in that component, but you can add it. The event is:

• message: event fires when the InAppBrowser receives a message posted from the page loaded inside the InAppBrowser Webview.

Hope this helps.