Outsystems error with a new extension that uses Interop.Word.DLL

Outsystems error with a new extension that uses Interop.Word.DLL

Hi,

I've created a new extension that uses Interop.Word.DLL and Interop.Excel.DLL.
I've included both dll's in the extension (resources\source\net\bin\), but Outsystems is still giving the following errors:
- File or assembly name Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.DLL, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
- File or assembly name Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.DLL, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

Office 2003 is installed on the server.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Hi Remco,

Can you send me the .xif file?

I'll have a quick look...

Cheers,

Duarte Gouveia
I've sent you by email your extension with some minor changes:

- I've configured, within VStudio, the VBIDE and Excel dlls to be 'Copied to Local'...
- The Word Interop.dll was already properly configured.

By doing this, these dlls are automatically added to the extension and copied to Bin directory. No need to do anything within Integration Studio.

Let me know if it worked...

Duarte Gouveia
This was exactly the problem, thank you very much!
@Duarte Gouveia:
I have similar problem with Remco Dekkinga. Please give me a solution. Thanks you very much.
Hi Quan,

Open the resource tab in Integration studio, double click the file that you want to load and set "Deploy Action"  to "Copy to Binaries directory".
You can see some screenshots here (ignore the rest of the thread, not related).

This is a bad idea.

It is well documented that running the various Office Interop DLLs in a web server is a mess.

If you need to work with the contents of an Office file in an Extension, use the Aspose or SyncFusion components, or one of the various hosted APIs to the same. Doing it like this is going to become a big problem when your server can't handle the load.

J.Ja