Slow Outsystem Environment

Hi,

We are using oracle 12c database and have configured it according to install checklist. Specifications of database:

2 core CPU, 8 GB RAM

Specifications of Deployment Controller and frontend:

4 core CPU, 16 GB and 8 GB RAM respectivley.

OS we are using is windows 2012R2

It takes nearly 1.5 minutes to publish a module. Is this expected behavior? Can speed be further improved? 

Hi,

how large is the module?

what does it contain, also BPT?

do you have references to other modules?

It would take same time to publish outsystems now as well

Hello Snehal,

Can you check if you have the anti-virus software running on the server?

I had this problem before and the anti-virus software was actually analyzing the packages being deployed, causing a lot of delay (the same delay as you have right now). 

I'm assuming your environment/network is okay and you are not deploying a BIG eSpace, of course.

Snehal Halkare wrote:

Hi,

We are using oracle 12c database and have configured it according to install checklist. Specifications of database:

2 core CPU, 8 GB RAM

Specifications of Deployment Controller and frontend:

4 core CPU, 16 GB and 8 GB RAM respectivley.

OS we are using is windows 2012R2

It takes nearly 1.5 minutes to publish a module. Is this expected behavior? Can speed be further improved? 

Hi Snehal,

welcome to the club. We've been struggling with slow publishing also.

Our DBA looked into it, after much pressure, and escalated it to Oracle. Looks like they will need to patch the DB.

I think that during the publish process the queries to the Oracle system tables are very slow thus making the publish take forever to finish.

Hi Snehal,

Like J. asked, it is important to know how big your module is and what kind of dependencies you have. In my environments i have few big modules with dependencies which take 50-80 secs versus the small ones which takes 20-30 secs.

Shashank...