How to Integrate OutSystems to MuleSoft?

How to Integrate OutSystems to MuleSoft?

I need to integrate Mulesoft with OutSystems. Can anyone help me in knowing the basics?

Thanks.

Hi,

Could you provide more information?

For now I can simply answer: Google is your friend

J. wrote:

Hi,

Could you provide more information?

For now I can simply answer: Google is your friend

I've a mule flow in which I need to use OutSystems Web application. I'm new to OutSystems so know nothing but basics of it. So it will be help if you help me with how to start working on the topic or advice me with few links which educates on the same topic.

Hi,

Since I still have no clue what a Mule-flow is I cannot help you with that.

If you followed the online courses you will know what Outsystems can do. This will provide you with anough info how to approach the integration with Mule. Perhaps if Mule has got an API it will make your life easier.

-> https://www.outsystems.com/learn/

Anyways, please research it for yourself and come back with a possible solution and the xact issues what you may encounter.

good luck!

Hi Abhishek,

If you're new to OutSystems then the place to start would be the /learn page... more to the point, you're probably interested in the Becoming a Web Developer Guided Path, and start with the Developing OutSystems Web Applications course.

Once you're comfortable with developing in OutSystems then you will have a better understanding of what OutSystems can do for you and see how to better integrate with MuleSoft.

damn, took too long to dig those links and J. beat me to the answer... now I feel like a shmuck :p

Solution

Hi Jorge and J.

Thanks for your response and concern. It feel great to have an assistance with such experienced persons.

I got my answers and attaching links for your refernces.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/14378/outsystems-with-mulesoft/#Post107411

Thanks again, anticipating your further support.

Regards,

Abhishek

Solution

Abhishek Kumar wrote:

I need to integrate Mulesoft with OutSystems. Can anyone help me in knowing the basics?

Thanks.

what are you trying to do?

I use both tools. what is the mule flow, is it integration flow, has it been published as an api, is it a presentation api, are you using outsystems as a ui or is it further integration, on-premise Mulesoft or using cloudhub, whar are you trying to do and I can help on both tools

George Jeffcock wrote:

Abhishek Kumar wrote:

Thanks.

what are you trying to do?

I use both tools. what is the mule flow, is it integration flow, has it been published as an api, is it a presentation api, are you using outsystems as a ui or is it further integration, on-premise Mulesoft or using cloudhub, whar are you trying to do and I can help on both tools

Hi George,

Thanks for your concern, and sorry for my late response. yes you have figured it right, Mule ESB is my integration layer, and outsystems is used for the synchronous responsive UI, but instead of using RESTful api as the communication link for both, can I use JMS queue. I mean that I want to retrieve a data file from JMS queue in outsystems and further process it to develope an UI. Will it be possible? If yes then how, and if no then what are the all alternative to this situation?

Regards,

Abhishek.

Read about the "application network". Read about API Connectivity. No idea why you would use jms in the api world..MuleSoft is all about API have no idea why your would bring JMS into this. 

and they see both founders are sharing the same stage tomorrow.

I think you should read this  https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-disadvantages-of-API-centric-web-applications  The poster was trying to find the disadvantages of an API-centric ui development but basically got advantages.