Problem enabling Tab in Client-Side Tabs

Problem enabling Tab in Client-Side Tabs

Dear all,

I'm trying to enable a disabled tab in Client-Side Tabs but until now I couldn't make it.

So I need your help to know what I'm doing wrong.

Steps I've done:

1. create a link "Common\Javascript" and entered on the URL parameter:

"Tabs_ClientSide_GetEnableTabJavaScriptURL("WidgetLibrary40_wt_CompoundWebwidget414475","Items")"

2. The actions' first parameter I guess is what you mean by RuntimeId of the web block of Client-Side tabs. I got it running my page in the browser and seing the source code.

3. The actions' second parameter is the container's title of the tab I want to enable

4. When I run the espace and click on the link I get the error "tabToActivate" is undefined.

Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance
Pedro Alcântara
Hello Pedro,

I guess you found an error in the StyleGuide. I've searched the code and in the WebBlock Javascript in the WidgetLibrary40 eSpace there's a typo in the WidgetLibrary_Tabs_ClientSide_GetEnableTabJavascriptURL function. Look for the first errorMessage line and you'll find something like:

... Can't find the specified tab ('" + tabToActivate + "').";

Where there's tabToActivate replace by tabToEnable. The same applies to the WidgetLibrary_Tabs_ClientSide_GetDisableTabJavascriptURL function where you should replace tabToActivate by tabToDisable. Then give it a try.

One other thing that strikes me is that you had to browse the HTML source code to retrieve the runtime id of the web block. Web blocks have a property called runtimeId but I'm not sure in what context you're able to use it. I'll try to figure it out and then I'll post here what I discovered.
Cheers,
André
Hi Pedro and André.

I'm sorry for not having replied sooner. I have been searching for a solution for this particular problem, but I'm not being able to find it. Furthermore, since the Web Block has a "Name" property, it does not make any sense that it is not available in the scope. Still, I know that it is not showing up, I just can't seem to find a reason for it - if it is by design, or just a bug.

I'll try to forward this question to people in the know. This is just to let you know that we are aware of this issue, and that I'll let you know something as soon as I find it out.

So far, and to my knowledge, the best way is - sadly - to do it exactly like you're doing.

Best regards, and sorry for keeping you wating for an answer for so long.

Paulo Tavares