[Mobile] Returning from an external URL

[Mobile] Returning from an external URL

For making payments I make an external URL to the Payment Service.
When the payment is made I want to go back to the application.

- How do I open the application from an external url?
- How do I close the external URL, so im back in my application?

My guess is that the Payment Service would have some kind of CallbackURL variable to pass through when you go the Payment Service. 

You could try using a Deeplink to the page in this CallbackURL if this is possible.

Here is how to construct a deeplink:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/Development_FAQs/How_to_Define_Mobile_App_Deep_Links

Best regards,

Alexander van Doorn

This looks like something that could work.

I'm trying to integrate it, but im getting an errorcode 422 at the moment.

Thank you and I'll keep you updated!!

I made a php-page which should redirect me back to my app.

Sadly enough if i use the deeplink it does not redirect me to my mobile app :(

The code I use is:

<html>
<?php
header('Location: com.outsystemscloud.jsonius.OSDemoMob://Bitboard/Blanco');
exit;
?>
</html>

Hi DontPoke,

A link to a deeplink should open the app, that would be my first approach, it has worked for me before.

Alternatively you can try a different approach with inappbrowser plugin. You should be able to close the inappbrowser on specific events.

Either-way, just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Henrique

Hello DontPoke,

I think the deeplink isn't constructed the way OutSystems requires it.

Shouldn't the scheme be "com.outsystemscloud.jsonius", with "OSDemoMob" as your app name and "Blanco" as the page? Thus the complete deeplink being: "com.outsystemscloud.jsonius://OSDemoMob/Blanco"

Hope this helps you.

Kind regards,

Alexander van Doorn

Henrique Batista wrote:

Hi DontPoke,

A link to a deeplink should open the app, that would be my first approach, it has worked for me before.

Alternatively you can try a different approach with inappbrowser plugin. You should be able to close the inappbrowser on specific events.

Either-way, just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Henrique

The inAppbrowser could solve the problem, since it has a close buttom on the topright.

Yes, but it's possible to close it through some event, because idp mobile does it. Don't quite know the code behind it though.