some forge apps not syncing with out-systems server

some forge apps not syncing with out-systems server

  


This is the sample directly from outsystems website , its giving me the same error, most of the sample apps published in my environment stop working it seems there is a general issue, outsystems need to check it out.



all the entire samples in silk ui site is down. its mostly mobile apps that are affected


also all mobile apps from forge published in my environment have this error. i dont know if there is a faulty plugin with multiple dependency affecting these mobile forge apps.web apps have no such issue



Hello Tom,

I can't reproduce this.

For me, the mobile patterns at SilkUi site are  working properly.

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

Hi Tom,

I don't get that issue either.

That being said, that error message seems to be the same issue that Google Chrome 61 causes. You should update your Silk UI Mobile to the latest version which fixes that breaking change.

Cheers,

Tiago

Tiago Neves wrote:

Hi Tom,

I don't get that issue either.

That being said, that error message seems to be the same issue that Google Chrome 61 causes. You should update your Silk UI Mobile to the latest version which fixes that breaking change.

Cheers,

Tiago

 to the latest

i have upgraded silk ui mobile, its still failed to work on chrome version 61. its really a serious issue



Tiago Neves wrote:

Hi Tom,

I don't get that issue either.

That being said, that error message seems to be the same issue that Google Chrome 61 causes. You should update your Silk UI Mobile to the latest version which fixes that breaking change.

Cheers,

Tiago


i have upgraded silk ui mobile, its still failed to work on chrome version 61. its really a serious issue

Hi Tom,

Have you refreshed everything?

Because we are using SilkUI (latest version, both mobile and web) with the latest chrome and everything is working as it should.

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Tom,

Have you refreshed everything?

Because we are using SilkUI (latest version, both mobile and web) with the latest chrome and everything is working as it should.

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

i upgraded  only silk ui mobile, then refreshed pin code app, in app notification mobile, customer template app etc...still issue persists..let me try upgrading silk ui web , but web apps work only mobile gives issues..thanks


Hi Tom,

Just in case, you should create a solution on Service Center with those modules and publish, to make sure there's no broken build causing that issue either.

Hi Tiago.

I think the issue is not with SilkUI, but with his browser.
He can't even access the previews in SilkUI web site.

This is not something related to the Chrome 61 breaking, but with his specific browser (some setting or even a problematic installation).

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

EDIT:

I mean, he had to update SilkUI because of 61, but the problem to access the SilkUI site previews tells me that his browser is also broken... 

Hi Eduardo,

You're probably right on that. I have no issue with the previews on SilkUI site and not aware of anyone reporting it either.

Tom, maybe some restrictive network setup on your side?

Tiago Neves wrote:

Tom, maybe some restrictive network setup on your side?

I think he told (in other topic?) something about everything working with different browsers and in Mobile...
I would say this is not network... 


@Everyone thanks for your assistance.The shocker now is in a brand new opera browser installed , it showed the load screen in a sec then crashed to error in processing..


i am still trying to figure whats going on. i might setup in another machine and test. it works perfectly in my samsung galaxy  browser and my iphone 7 safari browser

Hi TOM, 

This has to be something in your machine/network, than...

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi TOM, 

This has to be something in your machine/network, than...

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch


I have disabled all firewalls,antivirus , opened all ports , there is basically no form of security available, proxies disabled and still the issue persist, the challenge is that service center is not picking any useful error messages relating to this issue

In which browsers the examples from SilkUI site are working, and in which they aren't?

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

In which browsers the examples from SilkUI site are working, and in which they aren't?


Ok. The silk ui site works on all mobile browsers on my android phone. They don't work on my google chrome and opera browsers as well as IE 11 on my computer .Thanks

Yeah...

I don't know the problem, but there is something on your computer preventing SILK UI (Mobile preview, at least?) from work correctly.

Before I thought it was only Chrome, but if other browsers also do not work...
Unless your computer is a Mac (browsers in Mac use all the same engines provided by Apple), It is something related with your computer, maybe network, I don't know. An Antivirus? Did you updated the computer recently? Did you change your network configuration?

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Yeah...

I don't know the problem, but there is something on your computer preventing SILK UI (Mobile preview, at least?) from work correctly.

Before I thought it was only Chrome, but if other browsers also do not work...
Unless your computer is a Mac (browsers in Mac use all the same engines provided by Apple), It is something related with your computer, maybe network, I don't know. An Antivirus? Did you updated the computer recently? Did you change your network configuration?


for some reason it seems its my machine. i logged into one of my vps servers via remote desktop on that same machine and everything works so smoothly. but when i run it natively  on the machine , it doesn't work....