Linechart getting highcharts advanced json to work

Linechart getting highcharts advanced json to work

Anyone have an advanced init working for the new highcharts based line charts to get chart exporting to work?  We had gotten several add in's working in our own old highcharts block but getting the data into the correct format is fun so I like the new chart, but just need to get the features to work.

Hi Jason, what do you mean by the new highcharts? Are you using the Charts from the platform, or are you importing a newer version of the javascript directly?

João Batista wrote:

Hi Jason, what do you mean by the new highcharts? Are you using the Charts from the platform, or are you importing a newer version of the javascript directly?

Joao, I mean the built in linechart in OutSystems that is highcharts based.  I did get this working by getting the exporting.js on the page and then using the advanced init json field.  I also just submitted an idea and have been talking to success about greatly expanding the inputs to those blocks to make customization of the graphs a bit easier.  Also the exporting.js should be in standard (who doesn't want the ability to export their graph?) and there are some features in the highstocks area (boost especially as I am working with datasets over 100k points typically although the time slider on the bottom is a really nice feature) is not possible with their built in highcharts.  Also yes I have written my own highcharts inputs using the forge highcharts component and its a pain compared to how easy it is to insert data into their built in one.  You really don't even need to have a local holding variable but could just directly use the output of an aggregate.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your feedback. We will consider this when designing a future release of Charts.

Good that you managed it on your side.

Regards,

João