How to set max record shown

How to set max record shown

How to show all record in the entity. so not only the top (27) of data, but all

fahmi fachrurozi wrote:

How to show all record in the entity. so not only the top (27) of data, but all

Hi fahmi,

can you please elaborate your question in detail, so i can help you.

Note : when you drap any entity then show all records or in any other scenario like in page to show all records......

Hi Fahmi,

How you are pulling the data from entity? You are using TableRecord or ListRecords?

When you use an Aggregate, you can define the limit of records to be fetched, but you can leave it blank to fetch all data.

In case you need more details please specific your scenario.

Shashank...

Hi Fahmi,

In aggregate you have property Max. Records where you can give Max count.

-Hitesh-

hi fahmi fachrurozi,

If you want to see all the records or no. of records depends upons your requirement then in any screen action you can simply drag and drop the advance query widget, set up its output structure and Inside test Input Tab you can set the no of records you want to fetch. Simply write down your select query and you will get the desired result.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Manish Jawla

Manish Jawla wrote:

hi fahmi fachrurozi,

If you want to see all the records or no. of records depends upons your requirement then in any screen action you can simply drag and drop the advance query widget, set up its output structure and Inside test Input Tab you can set the no of records you want to fetch. Simply write down your select query and you will get the desired result.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Manish Jawla

ok thank u bro

But, how if i want to show at least 10 latest comment by date or timestamp?

Hi Fahmi,

If your are using aggregate then set the max record property to 10 and in order by put the condition by date or timestamp in desc order.

If you are using advance sql then use top 10 and same order by condition.

Regards,

Manish Jawla

Hi fahmi,

I'll advise strongly AGAINST fetching ALL data from database.

By default, fetch only the amount required for the user to work with.

At least, use pagination.

Also, I'll advise you to attend OutSystems classes, live or through the available online classes (free). Those questions are all presented there and demonstrated with examples.

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/paths/

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

P.S.

When someone answer your initial post question, mark it as correct and try to avoid keeping asking things in the same topic. If you don't follow those guidelines, you make it harder to others to find answers for the same questions, search, etc. :)