How to change the date format for a specific eSpace?

How to change the date format for a specific eSpace?

Hi all,

I've got one eSpace where all the dates should be written as "dd/MM/yyyy". In all other eSpaces the date should be the default "yyyy-MM-dd".
I found a forum-topic to change the server date format, but I would like to know how I can change the date format for just one eSpace.
I can change the calendar output to an input widget, but the validation of this input widget is complaining about the date-format.

kind regards,

remco
Hi Remco,

For now it is not possible to have eSpace specific date formats. The only workaround for now would be to use plain text inputs, to create validation functions for them, and use them in every form. You would also need to use format functions every time you would want to display dates.

Because that's a lot of trouble, we've added your change request to our requirements backlog, so that in future releases it would be possible to have eSpace specific date formats.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Thanks for the quick response Tiago.
I will create some date-converting functions for now.

Remco
Hi

I am based in the UK, and I need to display dates in dd/mm/yyyy format
Hi Tony,

If you want to change all dates in all eSpaces to dd/mm/yyyy you need to change the date/time in the ServiceCenter.
This is the location: ServiceCenter > Administration > Server Configuration > Date Format

If you want to change all dates in just one eSpace, you need to create a user-function that converts the default date/time to UK format. This function needs to be called everytime you show a date.

If you also use the calendar-widget, you can set one of the parameters to show the date in UK format.

kind regards,

Remco