[Automatic Deployment] Error When Accessing REST API After Configuring Application

[Automatic Deployment] Error When Accessing REST API After Configuring Application

Forge Component
(9)
Published on 2017-03-14 by Remco Dekkinga
9 votes
Published on 2017-03-14 by Remco Dekkinga

I have recently installed and configured Automatic Deployment on my LifeTIme instance. I have a 3 environment + lifetime setup, all on 10.0.604.0. I added a new service account as administrator and configured the Token and LifeTime API URL. When I tried to call the "deploy" endpoint, I got a 400 Bad Request. Looking in ServiceCenter, it seems like the call is failing on an internal call to another SDK API:

AutomaticDeployment

400 Bad Request
   at ssAutomaticDeployment.Ccv1.ActionEnvironments_Applications_Versions_Create(HeContext heContext, ICcv1Callbacks _callbacks, String inParamEnvironmentKey, String inParamApplicationKey, STApplicationVersionCreateStructure inParamApplicationVersionCreate, STApplicationVersionKeyRecordStructure& outParamResponse)

lifetimeapi

at sslifetimeapi.CsRESTExpose.Csv1.Csv1ControllerFlows.Flowv1ActionEnvironments_Applications_Versions_Create(HeContext heContext, String inParamEnvironmentKey, String inParamApplicationKey, STApplicationVersionCreateStructure inParamApplicationVersionCreate, RCText1Record& outParamApplicationVersionKey)
   at sslifetimeapi.CsRESTExpose.Csv1.Csv1Controller.Flowv1ActionEnvironments_Applications_Versions_Create(JSONSTApplicationVersionCreateStructure auxinParamApplicationVersionCreate, String auxinParamEnvironmentKey, String auxinParamApplicationKey)

Hi Dean,

It was a correct finding that the Automatic Deployment is calling an internal LifeTime API.

Can you deploy the exact same application through LifeTime directly or do you get an error there too? The Automatic Deployment API doesn't check for any  dependencies upon deployment, so you need to know in advance which dependencies you should also deploy.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga