Time based notification

Time based notification

I have an app that creates tasks for date and time i.e.  Oct 13 2007 2:00pm. I would like to display a notification in the status bar (if possible) telling the user to complete the task.

Any ideas on best way to accomplish this? 

Thanks for the help.

Hi Gonzalo,

what kind of application are you developing? mobile or web?

If you're developing a Web Application... Barong suggestion might be helpful, as your users will be aware of pending activities, but it won't be displayed on any status bar... which begs the question, what status bar are you talking about?

If you're developing a Mobile App, and you want to use device notifications you might be interested in one or more of the following plugins/components, depending on your exact goal:

You might have to explore a bit how to schedule notifications to be triggered at a specified time though, and it might involve going JavaScript or eventually using some other plugin.

Hope this helps

Hi Gonzalo,

For mobile apps there is 2 ways:

1. use javascript setinterval to periodically check time and schedule, combined with background mode plugin (so it will still run when app is in background). then you can show notification in status bar using Local Notification Plugin.

2. process notification in server-side, create a timer every few seconds that check time and schedule, then send push notification to device using either Pushwoosh plugin (paid) or OneSignal plugin (completely free, at least for now).

Hope it helps...

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Gonzalo,

what kind of application are you developing? mobile or web?

If you're developing a Web Application... Barong suggestion might be helpful, as your users will be aware of pending activities, but it won't be displayed on any status bar... which begs the question, what status bar are you talking about?

If you're developing a Mobile App, and you want to use device notifications you might be interested in one or more of the following plugins/components, depending on your exact goal:

You might have to explore a bit how to schedule notifications to be triggered at a specified time though, and it might involve going JavaScript or eventually using some other plugin.

Hope this helps

Thanks,

I tried InApp, It works well when when you first launch the app, but when I switch apps in the phone, notifications are not triggered anymore. Even when using the Backgroundmode pluggin.

Now I am trying OneSignal but I have 2 problems?

1.- When building the server side logic, I can not get a server side "ListAppen" action, and 2

2.- When creating the local message variables, I can get a "ContentList" type option for the Message List.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

See https://zetpush.com/ if it can help.