Navigate to External url from Button on a Popup_Editor

Navigate to External url from Button on a Popup_Editor

Hello, I have a use case where the user will click on the main application page to initiate a popup window where they select filtering criteria for a report.  Once they select the criteria, they click on the "Run Report" button which navigates to an external url pulling up the Jasper Report.  More deatils below.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Chris

Here is a screen shot: 

When the user clicks on one of the Run Report Buttons, the popup should close and then the report should open up in the browser window.  It works if I call the report from the main application window shown behind the popup, but it won't run it from the popup.

Solution

Hello Chris,

To do what you want, you need to execute a Popup_Editor_Notify before the Popup_Close.
As message, pass the information required to run the report that was chosen.

Than, in the OnNotify associated with this popup, get the message (NotifyGetMessage), and use it to navigate to the report page.

It is not possible to open a page in the main window from inside the PopUp (or at least is very difficult). 

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Solution

I figured but thought I would ask.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Chris

Chris Woodruff wrote:

I figured but thought I would ask.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Please, consider marking my answer as correct as this helps the community, making it is easier for others to find the answer for similar problems :)

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch