Dropdown settup with condition on choice

Dropdown settup with condition on choice

Hi can someone help me how to setup a dropdown that if one of the selections on the dropdown menu is chosen, i particular image carousel will appear. Please help. thanks alot

You can use combobox to choose a variable, and if widget to show different carousel based on that variable.

Then in combobox on-change logic, AJAX refresh the container containing those if widget and carousel.

You have to name the container to be able to AJAX refresh it.

Look at attached OML.

Live Demo: https://harlin.outsystemscloud.com/TestDropdownCarousel

Im using mobile. i dont see combo box in the widgets sir.

It should be there...

No i mean, im making it for mobile app.

Rey Kelvin Peralta wrote:

Im using mobile. i dont see combo box in the widgets sir.

Ouch, you mean in P10 mobile apps...

Dropdown is the same with Combobox...

Can you help me out how to do it sir Harlin? thank you very much sir.

Hi Key,

It is always a good thing to make it explicit what are you trying to accomplish (context), info on what you already have tried, and on what platform version and device application are you working (web, mobile)

You can use tags when doing the post, for example.

Now, in mobile you have the drop down list, and you can associate an event to it to trigger a client action when the user chooses an option. 

In the client action, you can execute again the aggregate that is fetching data from server or local storage. As mobile uses react, this should be enough to update the carousel, but I think I read somewhere that it has some quirks and you may find you need to force the update (I think there is a function to do this, but a search in the forum for mobile carousel probably will get you to those questions.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

Outsystems Mobile Apps is using React JS framework, that mean you don't need to use AJAX Refresh at all.

Any change in variable value will refresh layout automatically.

So you just need a dropdown, bind it to a variable.

Use if widgets, set condition to that variable.

Use 2 carousel objects, one inside each of True and False node.

And you're done.

So i put down an if widget, then put a dropdown on the true container. i have 3 selections. how do i show carousels for each selection?

Hi Rey,

Did you finish the Mobile and/or Web online classes?
They will give you the tools to perform what you are trying to do.

In any case, from where is coming the information/images to show in the carousels? Are they all coming from the same source (an entity, local or server), or are you using a fixed number of items using images from local resources?

Here is a link on how to use the carousel: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/SILK_UI_Framework/03_Building_UI_Through_Pattern_Composition/Using_Silk_UI_Patterns/Carousel_Pattern

And here is a link on the properties of the Drop Down list: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Reference/Mobile_Interfaces/Designing_Screens/Dropdown

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Rey Kelvin Peralta wrote:

So i put down an if widget, then put a dropdown on the true container. i have 3 selections. how do i show carousels for each selection?

if you have 3 selection, then you need a stacked If Widget...

If Widget (value=1)

- True

* Carousel 1

- False

- If Widget (value=2)

- True

* Carousel 2

- False

* Carousel 3