Integrated Authentication (shouldn't i get client info?)

Integrated Authentication (shouldn't i get client info?)

Hi, i tried integrated authentication in a screen, but the username i'm getting in the IntegratedAuthenticationGetDetails, is the server administrator and not the client connected. I'm connecting from a different computer, so shouldn't i get my local details?

Best Regards,

Diogo C S Cordeiro
Hi Diogo,

Have you set the Integrated Authentication property on the webpage to true? Is the web server in the same domain? You can see the attached file for an example.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
The server is on a different domain, yes....

Is there any way to get IA to work?

Best Regards,

Diogo C S Cordeiro
Hi Diogo,

To use the Windows Integrated Authentication built-in feature of the platform you need to add that web server to the domain you want to authenticate to.
Alternatively you can also use the LDAP extension actions to authenticate against a different domain, but you'd not be able to use the browser authentication so you would need to create a webscreen to ask for username/pwd.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Hello Diogo,

You probably may use a diferent domain for user authentication, as long as it is has a "trust" relationshipt with the domain of the web/app server. (take a look at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/reskit/deploy/dgbe_sec_ztsn.mspx?mfr=true).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Frederico