[Html2PdfConverter] High RAM usage

[Html2PdfConverter] High RAM usage

Forge Component
(52)
Published on 30 Oct by Guilherme Pereira
52 votes
Published on 30 Oct by Guilherme Pereira

Hello,
We are using this component and recently our environemnt got really slow, after we contacted OS support we found out that the wkhtmltopdf resource was taking a lot of the server RAM and accumulating it till 2GB, i will atatch a picture of the resource usage.
Do you have any idea why this is happening or a way to fix it?

Thank you.

Francisco Freire.

Hi Pedro,

According to wkhtltopdf forums there may exist memory leaks. (e.g https://github.com/wkhtmltopdf/wkhtmltopdf/issues/2343). I recommend you to go through their forums and browse for alternatives and/or update or downgrade the version of your executable to a version that won't cause that.

You should execute first on your machine to determine the version that would consume less memory and go from there.

If there's no way to downgrade the consumption or fix the behavior then you could either boost your machine memory or use a different alternative (e.g a dedicated machine just for pdf generation).

Hope this helps,

Guilherme

I was informed that APP was launched to the site as occurred according to Edward J. Email on Saturday.  SiFrancisco Freire wrote:

Hello,
We are using this component and recently our environemnt got really slow, after we contacted OS support we found out that the wkhtmltopdf resource was taking a lot of the server RAM and accumulating it till 2GB, i will atatch a picture of the resource usage.
Do you have any idea why this is happening or a way to fix it?

Thank you.

Francisco Freire.