Changing the ECT_Feedback behaviour using Javascript

Changing the ECT_Feedback behaviour using Javascript

I'm looking for a way to change the behaviour of the ECT_Feedback module. Unmodified, it provides the little circle in the bottom right that users can click on to give feedback. 

There are several things I'm trying to get it to do, and I'm trying to do this in the Javascript for my application using a document.onLoad() function. I can get it to do some of these things in the browser using console commands, but some of the functions and events are too complex.

Here's what it should do: 

• Start "unfolded" instead of as a circle. So you start out seeing the "click here to give feedback" message
  • If you mouseover the button or after submitting feedback, it should stay "unfolded" and not go back to being a circle. So I need to hijack the 'onMouseOver' event somehow.
  • No more blinking animation.
  • Translate the text using item.innerText type functions. 

Has anyone done something like this before? 

Hi Melanie,

Yes i did. Modified ECT Feedback module according to our requirement, I have added some functionality into it but did not get chance to change the UI. 

-Hitesh- 

Nope,

what you can do for starters:

.FeedbackMessage {
display: block!important;
}

that will prevent the small circle, however, you get some glitches.

translating I am confused, that should be already done if you have a different locale set.

or do you mean a different text?

that said, i find it strange it's solved with javascript some stuff, should be css nowadays..

J. wrote:

Nope,

what you can do for starters:

.FeedbackMessage {
display: block!important;
}

that will prevent the small circle, however, you get some glitches.

translating I am confused, that should be already done if you have a different locale set.

or do you mean a different text?

that said, i find it strange it's solved with javascript some stuff, should be css nowadays..

Thanks for the reply! 

Translation does not work automatically. I think I read somewhere that it's only for Portuguese? It's a system element so I can't access it to add my own locale.

I was thinking JS because I don't know how to change the text with CSS, but JS is not a solid requirement. If there's other ways to do it, that's fine too! 

I'll start with the CSS you mentioned, and work from there. Thanks a lot! 

Melanie Smits wrote:

Thanks for the reply! 

Translation does not work automatically. I think I read somewhere that it's only for Portuguese? It's a system element so I can't access it to add my own locale.

I was thinking JS because I don't know how to change the text with CSS, but JS is not a solid requirement. If there's other ways to do it, that's fine too! 

I'll start with the CSS you mentioned, and work from there. Thanks a lot! 

I surely hope it will be translated in different languages (not sure about the rare languages though)

so basically what language do you want it to be? :D

(my guess is dutch and that should be in it)

hmm, it does not get translated... that is a thing for support.

I am curious why you want it to be translated though