Using Input_AutoComplete_GetIdentifier to get the value in a List Records

Using Input_AutoComplete_GetIdentifier to get the value in a List Records

Hi,

I am trying to get the selected value from the autocomplete within a list records.  Basically, I have an input within it that is bound to the record within the list records.  When I try to retrieved the value of the input via the Input_AutoComplete_GetIdentifier, it isn't able to get the data.  Has anyone run into this issue? or have trick to overcome it?

Hi Anthony,

Have you followed this to implement the autocomplete?

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/Development_FAQs/How_to_create_a_search_field_with_autocomplete

Or are you doing something different? If so, could you elaborate a little more on what you are trying to do? Maybe with some sample oml.

Cheers,

José

José Costa wrote:

Hi Anthony,

Have you followed this to implement the autocomplete?

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/Development_FAQs/How_to_create_a_search_field_with_autocomplete

Or are you doing something different? If so, could you elaborate a little more on what you are trying to do? Maybe with some sample oml.

Cheers,

José

On the Screen that I am developing, I got many input that uses autocomplete and most of them work perfectly.  It is only those that I have problem getting the identifier when the input is within a list records.

Solution

Hi Anthony,

Since you have multiple input widgets in a list, I would advice you to put that input widget with the autocomplete and the refresh actions into a web block and use that web block there. The web block will have an input parameter that specifies the record to which that web block belongs to.

That is because, if you do not use the web block you can not differenciate the inputs in the different items of the list. 

Cheers,

José

Solution

José Costa wrote:

Hi Anthony,

Since you have multiple input widgets in a list, I would advice you to put that input widget with the autocomplete and the refresh actions into a web block and use that web block there. The web block will have an input parameter that specifies the record to which that web block belongs to.

That is because, if you do not use the web block you can not differenciate the inputs in the different items of the list. 

Cheers,

José

Thanks for you help