Ask Again to Export Data by Schedule

Ask Again to Export Data by Schedule

Hi All,

I already try to follow the course but i'm still confused to export the data by schedule. I'm using Timer and Bootstrap

I want the output data is file excel and will save in cloud or server

anyone can help me to explain how to do it or maybe give me some tutorial how to make it ?

Many Thanks

Risa

Hi Risa,

In the FileSystems component there's the action File_WriteBinary. You can use that after the RecordListToExcel statement to write the result of that statement into a file.

Cheers,

José

José Costa wrote:

Hi Risa,

In the FileSystems component there's the action File_WriteBinary. You can use that after the RecordListToExcel statement to write the result of that statement into a file.

Cheers,

José

Hi Jose,

Thank you for your reply,

may I know, what should I fill in Content and Path

Many Thanks

Risa

Hi Risa,

The content should be what comes out of the RecordListToExcel.The path is the full pathname (including file name) of where you want to store the file (in your filesystem)

Cheers,

José

José Costa wrote:

Hi Risa,

The content should be what comes out of the RecordListToExcel.The path is the full pathname (including file name) of where you want to store the file (in your filesystem)

Cheers,

José

Hi Jose,

Sorry, I don't understand using FileSystem. This is the first time I'm using FileSystem

I don't know where i can save my data after the download

can you explain to me more detail ?

Many Thanks

Risa

Hi Risa,

Sorry if I'll look a little rude (it's not the intention), but if you don't know where to save your file, how could we know it?

So, I have to ask. Do you have any experience with programming, specifically web programming? 

You can give to users the option to download the file and save it to their computers. You do this through the Download node at the end of the action.

Or, if you want to keep it in the SERVER, you need to know where you can save it (the path). If you are using a personal, you're out of luck, as for what I remember, you don't have access to save files in the server. With the exception of the temp folder, probably.

If you are using a cloud server from OutSystems, ask them if you can do that and where you can save files, as they control your infrastructure.

If the server is on premisses, means they are located in your own company servers, ask the persons that take care of the servers.

If you want to save in the "cloud", where, specifically? Google drive? Drop box? Other? Probably you can find a connector in forge.

But if you don't know this already, I would recommend you to improve your skills on web programming.

I wish you the best and good luck.

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Risa,

Sorry if I'll look a little rude (it's not the intention), but if you don't know where to save your file, how could we know it?

So, I have to ask. Do you have any experience with programming, specifically web programming? 

You can give to users the option to download the file and save it to their computers. You do this through the Download node at the end of the action.

Or, if you want to keep it in the SERVER, you need to know where you can save it (the path). If you are using a personal, you're out of luck, as for what I remember, you don't have access to save files in the server. With the exception of the temp folder, probably.

If you are using a cloud server from OutSystems, ask them if you can do that and where you can save files, as they control your infrastructure.

If the server is on premisses, means they are located in your own company servers, ask the persons that take care of the servers.

If you want to save in the "cloud", where, specifically? Google drive? Drop box? Other? Probably you can find a connector in forge.

But if you don't know this already, I would recommend you to improve your skills on web programming.

I wish you the best and good luck.

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

Hi Mr Eduardo Jauch

Thank you for your reply
I have experience with programming but a little
I have account in dropbox, if I want to save the data in dropbox, how ?
I already installed dropbox and add in manage dependencies
but I don't know how to use it in outsystem

Many Thanks

Risa

Hi Risa,

If you want to save your files to dropbox, use the connector from forge:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/587/dropbox-connector/

After installing this connector on your environment you can check the Demo module that cames with it, I am sure that it will help you understand how it works.

Best regards,

João Nobre