[Google Analytics Plugin] Tracking in iOS 11

[Google Analytics Plugin] Tracking in iOS 11

Forge Component
(7)
Published on 2017-10-26 by OutSystems Experts
7 votes
Published on 2017-10-26 by OutSystems Experts

Hello,

So i was doing some testing and noticed that only in iOS 11 devices the tracking isn't working. Has anyone noticed this (and has some workarround to share)? 

When invoking the actions i get no errors.

Edit: Have the latest version: Version 2.0.1

Thanks.

Hi Filipe, 

How did you set up the property and view on your Google Analytics console? 

If the documented way isn't working for you (which I find odd given my tests succeeded) try the following:

1. Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
  2. Click Admin.
  3. In the PROPERTY column, select Create new property from the dropdown menu.
  4. Select Website.
  5. Provide a Website Name. You may use the name of your app.
  6. Provide a Website URL. You may use your company URL or the URL for your app’s marketing site.
  7. Click Get Tracking ID.
  8. In the VIEW column, select Create new view from the dropdown menu.
  9. Select Mobile app.
  10. Provide a Reporting View Name.
  11. Click Create View.

Also some times there's a considerable delay between the tracking event on the application and the moment you see it on the console.. perhaps give it some time and re-check the console? 

João Gonçalves wrote:

Hi Filipe, 

How did you set up the property and view on your Google Analytics console? 

If the documented way isn't working for you (which I find odd given my tests succeeded) try the following:

1. Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
  2. Click Admin.
  3. In the PROPERTY column, select Create new property from the dropdown menu.
  4. Select Website.
  5. Provide a Website Name. You may use the name of your app.
  6. Provide a Website URL. You may use your company URL or the URL for your app’s marketing site.
  7. Click Get Tracking ID.
  8. In the VIEW column, select Create new view from the dropdown menu.
  9. Select Mobile app.
  10. Provide a Reporting View Name.
  11. Click Create View.

Also some times there's a considerable delay between the tracking event on the application and the moment you see it on the console.. perhaps give it some time and re-check the console? 

Hello João,

Thanks for the reply. I already had the tracking being sent to my Google Analytics from android and other iOS devices when i was testing. The problem was that when i was testing with a apple devices with the iOS v11 the tracking wasn't being shown. 

Figured out what was the problem. It was a piece of logic in the application that was altered and the tracking was never initialized. So it was a problem between the monitor and the chair.

Thanks for the feedback.

Glad everything worked out correctly!

Cheers!

João Gonçalves wrote:

Glad everything worked out correctly!

Cheers!

I followed all the steps on GoogleAnalytics but it never worked for me as you havsaid for 2 days, why.  Let Apple correct its support systems, please. This does not make sense.