Confirmation message -> Run action

Confirmation message -> Run action

Hi,

I'm currently trying to display a confirmation message which might derive into an action....

One thing that seems so simple is giving me too much trouble, and perhaps any of you might know the answer...

The problem is that I need to execute two actions when i click a button...

The first action should always run, and the second should run accordingly to the answer to a confirmation message....How might this be made?

I just wanted to load a confirmation message in the middle of a screen action flow.... or something that might suit my needs..

I was trying to simulate my confirmation window in a different screen(and different window), but i don't know how to refresh the parent window when i click a button on the child confirmation window...

I tried to run "self.opener.document.forms[0].submit() ;", but it seems to render the parent screen entirely (disregarding my if's and my late local variables)

Anyone has any suggestions?

Best Regards,

Diogo C S Cordeiro

Hi Diogo,

Here's an idea.
1 - Create a button "doThis"
2 - create another button "doThisAndThat" and set it's extended property style = "display:none"
3 - on button "doThis" onclick="if(confirm('Also do that?') {document.getElementById('doThisAndThat').click(); return false}"
(it would be a good idea to create a user action to encapsulate the doThis logic in order to avoid duplication)

Another option would be to create a special confirmation web screen instead.

Hope this helps,
Tiago Simões
Thank you Tiago. It solved my issue.

Best Regards,

Diogo C S Cordeiro