Pricing value as 0

Pricing value as 0

Hi,

I cant see the price value from excel sheet in browser. I am doing web developer final project 'Booking App'. Attached the doc. Could anyone explain what's the problem i am facing.

Regards

Dilin

Solution

Hello dilin,

Do you remember if when you did the bootstrap, the you had a full match like this?

If price was not there, than the bootstrap would not bring the price together.
So, check the structure created and also the bootstrap itself:

If you don't have the field in the structure/bootstrap assign, than you need to check if the name of the price field in the Entity Room is the same as the one in the excel file, as if it is not, it would not be able to do a match.

Also, the TYPE of the attribute field should be the same or the bootstrap is not done correctly. In the case of Price, should be Currency.

If the bootstrap runs ok, you can see the data in the entity selecting View Data in the context menu (right click over entity).

If the bootstrap failed, you can enter the price manually (in a Room Detail screen).
Or you can delete all data in Room (and other entities if they already have data) fix the entity/bootstrap and publish again.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Solution

Thanks Eduardo

I am working on it.

Thank You

dilin 1212 wrote:

Thanks Eduardo

I am working on it.

Thank You

No problem :)

If the answer is correct (you are missing the data because the field was improper spelled or had wrong type), consider marking my answer as the final solution, as this will help other with the same problem, when they search the forum.

If it is not the answer, we can keep trying to help you (attaching the OML here will make easier for us to find the problem), or if you find it by yourself, put here the answer and mark it as final :)

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Eduardo,

I followed your way, but in creating room Action I failed. Very first I followed based on course. Just right-click the room  entity and select > Advanced > select update action to bootstrap data.

The values and numbers everything properly arranged. 

I can see the value in screen page.

but in preparations, aggregates, it is showing 0. 

following is the excel sheet 

Could you check this?

Thank you 

Dilin 

Hi, 

The only reason to this to happen (as far as I can see), is that the DATA TYPE of the field Price is wrong.
It seems to be INTEGER (as shown in your pictures), but it should be CURRENCY.

Could you check this? Wrong data type will probably prevent the data from be inserted in database.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Eduardo, 

Its Data Type is Currency

Thank You

Dilin

Hum...

Can you show the assign in the bootstrap server action, to see if the record price field is being assigned?

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks

Dilin

Eduardo,

What will be the Data Type for Room Number ? is it Integer or Text ?.

Thanks

Dilin

Hi dilin,

RoomNumber is Text, Number of Children and Adults are Integer, Price is Currency.

I can't see anything wrong with your code, so, I'll ask you 2 things. 

1. Are you deleting database data? Once there is data in database, the bootstrap will not work anymore, as there is a verification at the start, and if the entity is not empty, it exists the bootstrap without doing anything.

So, if you didn't, delete the data and publish again.

2. Send the oml so we can take a look :)

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

Hi Eduardo,

What you said is right. One time i deleted from data base and refreshed. Now I found as you said, bootstrap is not working. Now i detect that, I tried to add values manually. Now through preparations its showing only the updated values via browser(manual) not from excel. How to access the same file, means update the database with original excel data's. Sorry, to disturb you.

Thanks

Dilin

You don't disturb me :)

Please, send me your OML file so that I can take a look in the file and in the bootstrap logic :)
Also, what happens? Why the bootstrap is not working? Did you see any errors in Service Center?

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for your kind words. I am attaching OML. Kindly check it. 

Thank you

Dilin

Hi dilin,

Can you send the bookings core also? ;)

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Eduardo,

Attaching Core module too.

Thank You

Dilin

Hello dilin,

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your code (without ANY change from my part).
I just published the core, and the bootstrap correctly executed and bootstrapped the data into the tables.

If you delete the data in table room and publish again, it should work.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Eduardo,

Is it...   Thank you, Eduardo, for your patience and support. I will try. 

Thank You

Dilin