Display of List behaviour : Horizontal & Vertical

Display of List behaviour : Horizontal & Vertical

Within mobile application, when placed a List-group the display of the records vary. It displays the record vertically downwards if it is planed with an extra label, such as ",", otherwise, it displays the records as horizontal. 

Screenshot for horizontal display

and the widget tree for this is.. 

Now, the same when changed to add an extra comma "," after the expression, it changed to the below.

As the widget tree changed to 

Notice that we have to place the both Expression and Text within a container, otherwise, we'll get a warning as below 

If we ignore this, just it is a warning, it will throw a run time error. Hence, we have to include both expression and text within a container. As soon, we have put them into a container, the display of the records changed from horizontal to vertical. 

How to force to show the data as horizontal?

Hi DSK,

Can't you put the comma inside the expression (concatenated)?

Cheers,

José

José Costa wrote:

Hi DSK,

Can't you put the comma inside the expression (concatenated)?

Cheers,

José

Well, if I put the comma inside the expression, then I will not be in a position to trace the last record. Thus, I will see the comma after the last record as well. To eliminate the comma after the last record, I have to used If condition, thus, needed outside.

Hi DSK,

You can put the if condition also inside the expression.

Cheers,

José

Not sure, how !!! please give me some clue.. 

Hi DSK,

The expression should be something like this:

List.Current.Record.Name + If(<Condition to display comma> = True, "', ", " ")

Cheers,

José

Solution

José Costa wrote:

Hi DSK,

The expression should be something like this:

List.Current.Record.Name + If(<Condition to display comma> = True, "', ", " ")

Cheers,

José

There the trick !!!

Interesting .. !! That solves the purpose, but, the root concept is unattended.. 

Solution

Hi DSK,

The Container is a block element, thus it will occupy the whole line. Unless you define its width. But in your case, since you do not know the width, you should not use the container. Thus, the solution with just one expression is better.

Cheers,

José

José Costa wrote:

Hi DSK,

The Container is a block element, thus it will occupy the whole line. Unless you define its width. But in your case, since you do not know the width, you should not use the container. Thus, the solution with just one expression is better.

Cheers,

José

Understood the point of Container.. but, the real point is how can i change the behaviour from horizontal to vertical, without the concept of WIDTH. 

After implementing  this trick, realised that some of the text is extending beyond the vicinity area of the mobile. It could be due to the " (fill parent) " property for Width. It seems that the screen in mobile has 12 columns, what length is best suited for mobile display.

Hi DSK,

All the containers "have" 12 columns. 12 columns is the equivalent of the fill parent.

If the text is extending beyond the area that you want, you should check the CSS for the container where the list is.

If you want me to take a look at that please send a sample oml.

Cheers,

José