Portrait VS  landscape view

Portrait VS  landscape view

Hi,

Im developing an app using silk UI. My application works perfectly fine in portrait but in landscape view it doesnot align the header content in center and it also moves a few images towards left. How can I align all those in center as when I tried CSS code does not work to achieve that. I think it will be done using the following link.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Delivering_Mobile_Apps/Customize_Your_Mobile_App/Set_the_Preferences_for_Your_Mobile_App

As the first step says 

'Select the application module, go to its properties and open the Extensibility Configurations property;

I can't find the properties after or before opening application module, so I can't access Extensibility Configurations property. Can anyone tell me if I'm on the right track where can I find these? 

Cheers

hafsa

Hi Hafsa,

Why do you need to specify any Extensibility Configurations in the first place? the default behaviour would be to have the application to extend and occupy the new width/height... the location of elements within your header is most likely based on how you organised your header contents in the first place, not really on the device orientation.

That being said, if you do need to get to the Application Module properties, open the module, and on the Element Tree on the top-right part of Service Studio select the Module element (the root element). The properties will show below the element tree, on the bottom-right part of Service Studio.

Hello hafsa,

The way to go to align elements in a page, no matter if it is a web or mobile application, is CSS.

If you failed to align the way you want is because you're not using the right CSS.

So, if you provide a module with the header you want to align, and the explanation on how you want it to be and what you've tried so far, we can point you in the direction of the solution.

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

Hi Eduardo and Jorge,

Thank you for the reply. I also dont want to use Extensibility Configurations but thought maybe tha'ts the only solution. Here is the screen short or print screen of what i want to do. I want to align 'together we make a difference' in center.Sorry about the spelling in the print screen. I just noticed. I tried' text-align: center;' , 'align : center' . Its a simple text so It should be aligned this way but It isn't.I also tried it using a div.

hafsa zaineb wrote:

Hi Eduardo and Jorge,

Thank you for the reply. I also dont want to use Extensibility Configurations but thought maybe tha'ts the only solution. Here is the screen short or print screen of what i want to do. I want to align 'together we make a difference' in center.Sorry about the spelling in the print screen. I just noticed. I tried' text-align: center;' , 'align : center' . Its a simple text so It should be aligned this way but It isn't.I also tried it using a div.

Try to put the text in a container, then you can center it inside.

Solution

Hafsa, complementing what Joost wrote... if you just select the "Together we make a difference" text widget, and use the toolbar buttons to align it center, Service Studio will automatically add a Container around it and center it 

As you can see, has the same behaviour in Landscape or Portrait modes.

Solution

Thank you everyone.