index 0 is out of range

index 0 is out of range

Hi everyone,

I generated my app in debug mode, and while trying to install it I get this error . What should I do now? What is it?

Cheers

hafsa

Hi Hafsa,

Did you check Service Center logs for more information? That is what you should do.

Cheers,

José

José Costa wrote:

Hi Hafsa,

Did you check Service Center logs for more information? That is what you should do.

Cheers,

José

Hi Jose,

It says 'Registered role required'. I'm not Configuring Keystore as I thought I don't need that for debug mode. Maybe I'm missing that. I don't know anything about it either. If thats what Im missing , can I get any help regarding that?

Cheers

Hafsa

Hi Hafsa,

Is your app working fine previously ? 

might be there are some error on your page preparation ,while accessing value from any list or  or by loop. that might also cause of "index 0 is out of range " error.

Regards,

Rafi 

Hi Hafsa,

You do not need to configure the keystore for that

Could you share more details? 

Also, are you sure that is the error related to the screen shot you sent?

Cheers,

José

Rafi khan wrote:

Hi Hafsa,

Is your app working fine previously ? 

might be there are some error on your page preparation ,while accessing value from any list or  or by loop. that might also cause of "index 0 is out of range " error.

Regards,

Rafi 

Hi Rafi,

No errors , only a warning about an offnet font. Its working fine in OutSystems Now. but while generating it , it gives me this error.

Hafsa

José Costa wrote:

Hi Hafsa,

You do not need to configure the keystore for that

Could you share more details? 

Also, are you sure that is the error related to the screen shot you sent?

Cheers,

José

Hi Jose,

Attached is the oml . Could you please see whats the problem. I get that error while installing the app in my phone in debug mode.

Cheers.

Hafsa

Solution

Hi Hafsa,

Checking your oml, you are missing this:

Try to create a mobile app from the start, and check the OnException flow in the Common Flows. It should have what I'm sending you in the image. And you oml does not have. Thus, It does not know what to do when the user is not registered.

Copy that logic into your Common->OnException flow.

Cheers,

José

Solution

José Costa wrote:

Hi Hafsa,

Checking your oml, you are missing this:

Try to create a mobile app from the start, and check the OnException flow in the Common Flows. It should have what I'm sending you in the image. And you oml does not have. Thus, It does not know what to do when the user is not registered.

Copy that logic into your Common->OnException flow.

Cheers,

José

Hi Jose,

Thank you for pointing that out. It solved my problem.  It asks about user name and password. My question here is will it ask for user name and password even after being released? As I want the application  to be open for all. 

This is my first app so I dont know much about these things.

Hafsa

Just check the anonymous checkbox on every screen, then users can use the app without a login.

Hi Hafsa,

To make your application open to all users you have to tick the Anonymous role in every Screen:

That solves that issue. But I strongly advise you to take an online training (https://www.outsystems.com/learn/) or a classroom training. In there you will learn not only about roles but also about other topics regarding development in OutSystems.

Cheers,

José