Where is the Pagination Component?

Where is the Pagination Component?

I have a table with lots of rows, but only want to display the first 10 items. I do not see anywhere in docs a pagination component that would allow the user to go to the next set of records.

Hello Joseph,

The pagination widget is called List_Navigation and is under RichWidgets.

There is a presentation in the Online Training that teaches how to use it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Eduardo Jauch

It would be helpful if there was an example of what the functionality looks like. I'm assuming allows to navigate to the end or back to first page. 

Hi Joseph,

If you drag entity to create the list screen, this functionality will be there and you can check that part.

joseph gannon wrote:

It would be helpful if there was an example of what the functionality looks like. I'm assuming allows to navigate to the end or back to first page. 

Hello joseph,

No. The navigate widget from RichWidgets allow you to navigate to next page, previous page, and to a specific page that is available in the list at any moment (usually only 5 pages).

Example:

It will you navigate to page 4 or 6 through Previous / Next, and for all the pages that are visible in the list.

The Online Training has one presentation that teaches how to use pagination.
Also, if you do a scafolding of an entity to the Flow, the first time it will create a List page, where the pagination widget will be present.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Joseph,

You have a forge How-to on RichWidgets that shows you how to use many of the RichWidgets - including List_Navigation - with instructions (and, of course, access to the OML so you can inspect how the developer implemented it).

Like Eduardo mentioned, you have official online training that covers this topic on Scaffolding and RichWidgets of the Developing OutSystems Web Applications course for an explanation. You can also check the video lesson on how to Apply Pagination to a List on the legacy Web Development Environment in OutSystems 9 course.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

joseph gannon wrote:

Hello joseph,

No. The navigate widget from RichWidgets allow you to navigate to next page, previous page, and to a specific page that is available in the list at any moment (usually only 5 pages).

Example:

It will you navigate to page 4 or 6 through Previous / Next, and for all the pages that are visible in the list.

The Online Training has one presentation that teaches how to use pagination.
Also, if you do a scafolding of an entity to the Flow, the first time it will create a List page, where the pagination widget will be present.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Thanks this is very helpful