Problem with HTTPGet

Problem with HTTPGet

  

Hello,

I am trying to use HTTPGet in order to pull data from our rss feeds for our campus sports teams.

Here is a list of the feeds I am trying to access.

http://kentstatesports.com/rss_feeds.aspx

One example from the list is http://kentstatesports.com/rss.aspx?path=football

Anything from kentstatesports.com is returned with a status of "OK" and a status code of "200" but there is no information in the response?  There is no error thrown or problem that I can see just no data returned.

I have tried other feeds like an rss feed from the NY times and it works fine.


if anyone has any ideas i would appreciate the help.

Thank you,

Jason

Have you already tried testing your RSS interface with an ordinary RSS client? Does it work fine?

Solution

Yes i did try the RSS client with the same results no content was returned.  The Outsystems support team was able to figure out that the rss site was requiring a user-agent header in the request.  This is taken directly from their answer in the support ticket.


Thank you for reaching out to us.

After a couple of tests we noticed that in order to successfully get a response from the RSS Feed, we need to send a User-Agent header. My suspicious is that the RSS page provider is expecting to be called by a browser and not a Server so we need to trick him by sending a Browser User-Agent Header.


This is the header we used:

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/62.0.3202.89 Safari/537.36

Solution