[Html2PdfConverter] Temporary Folder

[Html2PdfConverter] Temporary Folder

Forge Component
(48)
Published on 20 Mar by Guilherme Pereira
48 votes
Published on 20 Mar by Guilherme Pereira

Hi All,

Due to an upcoming rollout of a security policy on OutSystems PaaS infrastructures according to OutSystems internal roadmap and Cloud Services specification, writing to the filesystem on the running folder of the modules will no longer be possible.

In order for this component to continue to work on the new infrastructures as well as the existing ones (after the policy is applied) it was necessary to adjust the mechanism and have a temporary folder manually specified.

A new version of the component 1.1.9 was released to address this change.

This will also have both .NET and JAVA versions work the same way (as this was already the case for Java infrastructures).

Well what does this mean for you?

• If you are installing or upgrading the component for the first time on a OutSystems PaaS infrastructures running .NET then you don't need to worry. The default value of the path is the one where applications are allowed to write.
  • If you're installing or upgrading the component on an OutSystems PaaS infrastructure running JAVA you'll have to review the path and set it to /opt/outsystems/user. 
  • If you're installing or upgrading the component on an on premises infrastructure you can either continue to write on the local folder (but you need to set the flag to true on the admin page) or you need to create a folder with the necessary permissions and update the path accordingly.

The path to the folder and write location can be reviewed/updated on the component admin page.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Guilherme

Hi Guilherme,

If you're running this on a Personal what is the correct path to the binaries?

Currently, when I try to upload the binaries it is giving me the following error.

Also, here is the error from Service Center.

Regards,

David

Hi David,

I’m trying to confirm what’s the writting path on personal environments. I’ll let you know as soon as I find it. For now on personal environments I advise you to stay on version 1.1.7 until confirmation.

Cheers,

Guilherme

Hi David,

I've confirmed that there's no temp folder on the personal environments so I've released a new version 1.1.9 to address the issue and pulled back the version 1.1.8 (updated the above post accordingly).

You can now choose between writing to the local running folder (should be set to true on personals and for those on prem that wish to keep the "old" behavior). By default is false so it uses the new temp folder.

Let me know if you face any further issues.

Cheers,

Guilherme

Guilherme, i'm trying to use the componente in an enterprise environment provided by OutSystems and i can't save the binaries on D:\User nor in the running dir. I got this message: "Could not find a part of the path 'd:\OutSystems\Platform Server\running\HtmlToPdfConverter.595998041\binaries\'"

If I try to save on D:\Users i got "Could not find a part of the path 'd:\User\binaries\'".

I debugged the application and checked if the directory exists (with and action from file_system), and both exists. I believe that this might be a permission problem on the folder.

Did you had this problem in any outsystems environment?

Thanks

Hi Victor,

I’ve tested In an enterprise cloud environment and d:\User should be working. I recommend you to contact OutSystems support so it can be troubleshooted.

Cheers,

Guilherme

Victor -

Did you ever find a fix for this? I am seeing the same thing in a Personal Environment.

KILLIAN DON'T YELL AT ME. :D

Thanks!

J.Ja

Hi Justin,

I believe Victor’s issue was in an enterprise. For personal envs it should write to the running folder as there’s no temp dir. Have you set the flag on the admin page?

Cheers,

Guilherme

Guilherme -

That flag is set to false, as per on-screen instructions:

J.Ja

Solution

Hi Justin,

Damn the message is inverted (my bad). I'll release a new version with it corrected today.

The rational is on Personals you need to write on the running dir as it is a shared infrastructure and there's no temp dir for each user and also the security feature that prevents writing on the running dir is not applied. On and Enterprise you need to use the temp dir as the runtime user doesn't have permission to write on the running dir.

Cheers,

Guilherme

Solution