language pack

Hi,

you have to translate texts into a chosen language (choose a locale and then traslate). You need to do that for your own labels but also for the standard labels (e.g. 'save') and texts.  Are there language (locale) packs where the standard translations are already done?

Regards, Harry

Hi Harry,

Not that I know of.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Eduardo,

can you do this once and then reuse ?

Regards, Harry

Hi harry,

Not directly, as each translatable resource has a unique identifier associated with it.

But you could create an excel script to find those common words in the file and automatically set the correct translation.

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

Language packs (local), I'm interested in this!

Harry,

As you can see when opening the translations tool, each text string has its own entry. When you use "Save" on a button four times, it will appear four times in the tool. Therefore, it currently wouldn't make sense to have a "language pack" or the like.

That said, perhaps the translation tool could have a capability to translate all instances of a certain text at once, e.g. all "Save" by "Opslaan". But then again, since you will probably deliver each screen to Test independently (assuming an Agile approach), you need to translate it per screen anyway, instead of per eSpace.

Solution

Hi

it seems to me that you must have an option to choose a language without going through the hassle of translating standard things over and again. Ik submitted an idea for this:

'Language option'

Feel free to like   

Regards, Harry

Solution

Yes. Or at least, implement an easier way to allow a "non-mandatory re-use" of translations... :)
As for now, please, mark one of the answers as correct, as for the question made, the answer was given ;)

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch