[Google Maps Mobile] How to use google maps

[Google Maps Mobile] How to use google maps

Forge Component
(13)
Published on 11 Oct by Labs
13 votes
Published on 11 Oct by Labs

Hi guys,

I am ay 80% of the mobile developer course. However I can't figure out how to use the google maps forge.

Is there any tutorial? For example I get an error when I paste my API Key in the APIKey Expression editor.

What steps do I need to take to  make this work?

Hi Niels.

Did you check if the API key is correct? 

The Google Maps Mobile component is really easy to use and if you add a valid API Key it will work fine.

What error are you getting?

Cheers,

GM

Hi Niels,

The API Key is not mandatory so you can get maps working without using it.

The error raises when you paste the API key? Maybe you're missing the "? e.g. "APIKey"

Kind regards,

Sofia

Hi Niels,

Please refer this article. 

http://apps.outsystems.com/GoogleMapsDemo/

-Hitesh-

Hi Niels,

What do you want to achieve? What's blocking you?

Can you provide some screenshots of the error?

There are some apps with google maps mobile on it where you can check the code:

Let us know if you have any further issues using the component.

Cheers

Henrique Batista wrote:

Hi Niels,

Cheers

Hi Henrique,

I am new to this Google Map Mobile component. There are few questions I would like to ask:

1. Mentioning API key is mandatory or not ?

2. How can I show current location ? For eg: when I open a screen, the map should display my current location at first.

Please assist.

Niels Hoogeveen wrote:

Hi guys,

I am ay 80% of the mobile developer course. However I can't figure out how to use the google maps forge.

Is there any tutorial? For example I get an error when I paste my API Key in the APIKey Expression editor.

What steps do I need to take to  make this work?

Hai Niels,

As said have you experienced the API Key and affirm that it is right and The Google Maps Mobile segment is extremely simple to utilize and in the event that you include a legitimate API Key it will work fine.

Type of error you are facing..?

Charul Mathur wrote:

Henrique Batista wrote:

Hi Niels,

Cheers

Hi Henrique,

I am new to this Google Map Mobile component. There are few questions I would like to ask:

2. How can I show current location ? For eg: when I open a screen, the map should display my current location at first.

Please assist.

Hi Charul,

The API key is not mandatory, it's required if you want to use other features. For example, if you're using addresses instead of coordinates, you'll need an API key for the component to use the Google Geocoding API and convert addresses to LAT/Lon. I think directions and other features may require API key.

If you just want to show a single marker, you can use the SingleLocationMap, just pass a LAT and Lon and it will display the marker there. If you don't have a Lat and Lon, you can use address + API key or use the Location Plugin to retrieve the actual coordinates of the device.

Hope it helps

Cheers

Henrique Batista wrote:

Charul Mathur wrote:

Henrique Batista wrote:

Hi Niels,

Cheers

Hi Henrique,

Please assist.

Hi Charul,

The API key is not mandatory, it's required if you want to use other features. For example, if you're using addresses instead of coordinates, you'll need an API key for the component to use the Google Geocoding API and convert addresses to LAT/Lon. I think directions and other features may require API key.

If you just want to show a single marker, you can use the SingleLocationMap, just pass a LAT and Lon and it will display the marker there. If you don't have a Lat and Lon, you can use address + API key or use the Location Plugin to retrieve the actual coordinates of the device.

Hope it helps

Cheers

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. 

I think I'll be needing an API key because I'll be drawing path between different locations and show different markers for that. I have generated an API key.

Secondly, as I said, I need different markers so I cannot use the SingleLocationMap. But I want to show current location when the app starts, and that can be changed as the user moves to different location, so I cannot fix the value of Lat/Lon.

SofiaMourato wrote:

Hi Niels,

The API Key is not mandatory so you can get maps working without using it.

The error raises when you paste the API key? Maybe you're missing the "? e.g. "APIKey"

Kind regards,

Sofia

I'm new to Outsystems and have been looking around all morning for this, turns out I just needed the " ! Thank you so much!

Hi Charul,

Did you get your answer? I am looking for same thing as yours. I need google map with gps like navigations for different locations with directions and showing markers where we are going?

If you have answer please get back to me.