Missing dependancies

Missing dependancies

Hi,

I am working through the training material for the OSMDB Web application. I have completed the Data (Core) development for all the tables, and I am currently busy with the 'Add the "Edit PErson" feature' section.

I ran into problems when instructed to create the "Save" action and drag the "CreateOrUpdate" Entity action from the Data view onto the canvas. The problem is that I do have the "CreateOrUpdate" entity action available in my data view. Renewal of the dependencies also does not solve the issue.

What most probably happened was that I removed the unused elements from the data view in the dependent module.

Can someone please assist in solving this issue.

Hello Ignatius,

Just fetch it again from your Core module:

Upon selection of the OSMdb Core you created before, you just have to select again the elements you want, don't forget to show it all so you can fetch them:

Best Regards

Solution

Hi Ignatius,

If you don't have the Entity referenced at all, you can add the reference like Paulo said. However, if you have referenced it, but you don't see a CreateOrUpdateEntityName action below the Entity, the Entity is set to Expose Read Only. This is a sane default (typically you want to provide an Update or Save action yourself that does some sanity checking), but you need to change it to follow the training materials.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Ignatius,

If you don't have the Entity referenced at all, you can add the reference like Paulo said. However, if you have referenced it, but you don't see a CreateOrUpdateEntityName action below the Entity, the Entity is set to Expose Read Only. This is a sane default (typically you want to provide an Update or Save action yourself that does some sanity checking), but you need to change it to follow the training materials.

Hi Kilian,

Thanks a lot. The problem was the "Expose Read Only" setting. This is how we learn.

Regards

Ignatius Cronje wrote:

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Ignatius,

Hi Kilian,

Thanks a lot. The problem was the "Expose Read Only" setting. This is how we learn.

Regards

Glad your worked it out Ignatious, don't forget to mark Killian's answer as correct so the other forum members can apply the solution if they need it ;)

Best Regards