Timer CleanLoginAttempts error

Timer CleanLoginAttempts error

Hey guys, I'm getting the following error for the last couple of days:

Timer CleanLoginAttempts error (inside action 'Timer_CleanLoginAttempts'). Timer duration = 6 secs:Error in advanced query DeleteOldLoginAttempts in Timer_CleanLoginAttempts in Timer in ServiceCenter (DELETE FROm {LoginAttempt}  WHERE {LoginAttempt}.[Id] IN (@EntriesToDelete)): The number '1764115765157651576515765157651576515765' is out of the range for numeric representation (maximum precision 38). [retry 1 of 3 scheduled]

The 'number' seems to be increasing every day. This error only shows once daily, so either it doesn't retry at all, or the retries succeed, but that doesn't explain the number increasing...

Any idea's on how to resolve this?

Hi Claring,

That CleanLoginAttempts is from Users module? Or is it a another User provider module that you are using? In Service Center  got to Monitoring -> Timers and search for the timer with the name 'CleanLoginAttempts'.

It seems the string that has all the Ids of login attempts is not being rightfully built. If it's another User provider check the action for that timer.

Another thing that you can do is go to:

https://<your environment>/Users/GetUserLoginAttempts.aspx

to check the login attempts and see if something is wrong there.

Let me know what you found.

Cheers,

José

Hey José,

This is the default Users Espace.
I see LoginAttempts are being collected and then a foreach is being done to append this the variable holding all the EntriesToDelete, which is as follows:

EntriesToDelete + If(GetLoginAttemptsByInstant.List.BOF, GetLoginAttemptsByInstant.List.Current.LoginAttempt.Id, ","+GetLoginAttemptsByInstant.List.Current.LoginAttempt.Id)

It seems the BOF attribute isn't functioning properly? As far as I know we are unable to change anything in the Users espace, but I'm pretty sure the creation of this variable would be easier by just using a String_Join from the Text extension. 

How can we resolve this? Should we open up a support ticket?

Hi Claring,

Yes. You should open a support ticket.

The behavior is a strange one. Because, the string does not have commas between the Ids (and it should) and the Ids are repeated (and they shouldn't).

For example, the Id 15765 is repeated. Did you take a look at the information in the link that I sent you?

Cheers,

José

Yes José, this list looks pretty normal, no entries in it.

Hi Claring,

I guess now is when you call OutSystems support...

Let me know what was their answer.

Cheers,

José

Hi. 

I'm having the same problem. Did you get any answers?

Suddenly all the users in my environment were inactive and this is the only explanation I can connect this to.

With best regards,

Íris

Solution

Íris wrote:

Hi. 

I'm having the same problem. Did you get any answers?

Suddenly all the users in my environment were inactive and this is the only explanation I can connect this to.

With best regards,

Íris

Hey Iris,

Yes there was a bug in a system espace. Which got fixed when upgrading to a new environment version. If you still have this problem you should try to open a support ticket for a possible upgrade, if you are already on the latest version, then it is probably a bit different, still nonetheless you can open a support ticket so the outsystems team can help you out and investigate this.

Cheers, Claring.

Solution

Thank you for the quick response. I will contact Outsystems.

With best regards,

Íris

Íris wrote:

Thank you for the quick response. I will contact Outsystems.

With best regards,

Íris

Hey Iris,

You're welcome, I hope your problem gets resolved as well.

Hello all,

I have the same issue in my Project.

My platform version is 10.0.710.0 (launched 2017-11-20)

https://www.outsystems.com/home/downloadsdetail/104/2003/

Could you confirm it was this version with the problematic issue?

Did you have OSRuntime locked?

Luis