Remove cookies from application

Remove cookies from application

How may one remove application cookies in order to guarantee that the application continues to work properly after upgrades (particularly when CSS Style Classes are updated), without the users having to clean the browser data? If the users do not perform that cleaning, instead of seeing the most recent updates in the design, they see deformed web pages.

Hello Bárbara

Have you tried setting the Use Cookies of the eSpace to No?

Open your eSpace, click on the top node in the widget tree (that should be your eSpace) and you will see this option at the end of the property list

Hope this helps

Regards,

Ângelo

Hello Ângelo,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have just tried your suggestion and I needed as well to set the Application Server Type to .NET. After having done this changes in every module of the same web application and publish them, the application seems to be working as before (only the session identifier started to be sent back and forth in the URL, as expected).

I have also tried to do some updates in the application and I did not detect any deformation in the web page. Nevertheless, I am still unsure what the users will see after deploying the development environment into the production one. Therefore, I will give you feedback on this as soon as a new deployment gets performed.

Best regards,

Bárbara

Hello Bárbara

Once you deploy the environment into production, the Use Cookies properties will be set to the value you specified in DEV. 

If I understood correctly what you said, you are concerned if the currently cached version of the CSS currently running in Production will be cleaned. I'm not totally sure, but I assume it will and the users will be able to see the new version without forcing the cache cleanup

Regards,

Ângelo