error message for server side validation not showing

error message for server side validation not showing

I am not able to see the error message on my screen for server side validation hence validations are working fine.

This is because you're not using the feedback message action in the branch true of the form valid verification.

The feedback message in the exception flow will trigger only in the case of an exception (like division by zero), which is not happening.

Add a feedback message in the true branch of the if and you will see a message in. Case the validation fails.

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

This is because you're not using the feedback message action in the branch true of the form valid verification.

The feedback message in the exception flow will trigger only in the case of an exception (like division by zero), which is not happening.

Add a feedback message in the true branch of the if and you will see a message in. Case the validation fails.

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

actually , error message is not shown on particular input widget where the error has occurred. Feedback message is for success or failure. My screen is not showing for particular input validation error

The button or link that is calling the action is set to Ajax Submit?

If yes, you need to do an ajax refresh to the form. Without this, no updates will be shown in the page