HOW TO PAGE/ REFRESH LIST OF DATA IN A LIST VARIABLE

HOW TO PAGE/ REFRESH LIST OF DATA IN A LIST VARIABLE

Dear Forumisters,

I have a List Records widget instead of a Table Records widget, whose Source Record is a variable of List data type instead of a list from an Aggregate or SQL query.

Seeing that the list is long, I then added and used the RichWidgets\List_Counter and RichWidgets\List_Navigation to try and page through this list instead of having all records displayed in the table.

The problem is that, in the RefreshTable's Screen Action, I would have normally Ajax Refreshed my Aggregate/ SQL query to reset indeces (indexes) etc., but now that the Source Record isn't an Aggregate/ SQL but a variable of List data type, how do I refresh this list to ensure RichWidget\List_Navigation for Previous/ Next etc, works correctly?

I tried using ListFilter but it didn't work. OR is there a specific RichWidgets navigation Logic I should be using, instead of the normal one used for tables populated by Aggregates/ SQL?

Thanks,

Seth

Solution

PROBLEM SOLVED!

I can't believe I spent the entire day figuring this out before asking for help from Forumisters. I finally figured it out.

I created a an Integer variable to keep track of the table index, and used it on the List Record's Start Index, instead of directly typing the index (say 0).

I then used RichWidget's List_Navigation_GetStartIndex() module to update the value of the variable.

That, then solved the problem.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Solution

Hi Seth

Would you be able to provide a little more details around the creation of this Integer variable? What exactly did you put in the Start Index field?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Val