[Advanced Excel] Cell_WriteByIndex CellType

[Advanced Excel] Cell_WriteByIndex CellType

Forge Component
(36)
Published on 9 Apr by Hanno
36 votes
Published on 9 Apr by Hanno

Hi hi,

I am trying to write some data to an excel using Cell_WriteByIndex. If a look at the description of CellType, I should pass "text" as an input and then the value should get into the excel. However instead of the value i want to pass, "text" is inserted. I tried other variations of writing text, but whatever I put in CellType, the CellType gets passed instead of the value I want.

This is what I pass:

The value in the cells show "text" and not what is in CellValue.

Help is welcome,

Wilko

wilko odijk wrote:

Hi hi,

I am trying to write some data to an excel using Cell_WriteByIndex. If a look at the description of CellType, I should pass "text" as an input and then the value should get into the excel. However instead of the value i want to pass, "text" is inserted. I tried other variations of writing text, but whatever I put in CellType, the CellType gets passed instead of the value I want.

This is what I pass:

Help is welcome,

Wilko

Hi Wilko

Sounds like a bug in the code. Try swapping the value and type assignment and see what happens?

I will have a look at the code sometime today.

Hanno

Hanno wrote:

wilko odijk wrote:

Hi hi,

I am trying to write some data to an excel using Cell_WriteByIndex. If a look at the description of CellType, I should pass "text" as an input and then the value should get into the excel. However instead of the value i want to pass, "text" is inserted. I tried other variations of writing text, but whatever I put in CellType, the CellType gets passed instead of the value I want.

This is what I pass:

Help is welcome,

Wilko

Hi Wilko

Sounds like a bug in the code. Try swapping the value and type assignment and see what happens?

I will have a look at the code sometime today.

Hanno

Hey, Wilko.

I uploaded a new version of the extension that fixes the bug you logged.

Hanno

Hanno hi,

Thanks for the quick fix, it works fine now.

Wilko

Solution

No problem. Glad to help.

Solution