[BulkInsert] Error with LongInteger fields

Forge Component
(14)
Published on 10 May by João Pedro Abreu
14 votes
Published on 10 May by João Pedro Abreu

Hello,

I have a table with a LongInteger attribute, but when I try to use BulkInsert I receive an error:

"The type 'Int64' is not supported by PerfMonBulkInsert". Is there any workaround for this error?

This works well with SQL Server, but I'm not able to do this against Oracle databases.

Hi All, 

Am also getting the same error, Is there any workaround for this error?

Hello Deepak, 

I had to edit the extension and add an extra test to Int64 values. It was an easy change.

(I don't have the modified version right now.)

Regards,

José Gomes

When are you publish the new version?

I'm not part of the team :) 

But if you can edit .NET code, it's pretty simple to understand where the problem is. Maybe João Pedro Abreu can do it.

Regards,

José Gomes

I also encountered the same error.
Could you tell me if there are plans to fix it?

Hi Kenji,

Published the version 2.1.1 that should solve your problem. Currently is marked as underdevelopment because I don't have an Oracle instance to test this. If you can check if it solves your problem and let us know how it goes I would be very appreciated.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hello Marcelo,
Thank you for your quick response.

Since our Outsystems platform is version10, I counld not verify the module of v2.1.1 directly.
Instead, I modified BulkInsert v1.0.0's OracleBulkInsert Mehtod to v 2.1.1 contents and tested it.
As a result, a cast error occurred.
I think that it is caused by casting the value to int instead of long.
As a result of modifying it as follows, the type error and the cast error no longer occur.

----
else if (prop.type() == typeof(Int64))
{
    long[] longParam = new long[columnData.Length];
    for (int i = 0; i < columnData.Length; i++)
    {
        longParam[i] = (long)columnData[i];
    }
    param = new OracleParameter(prop.name(true), OracleDbType.Int64);
}
----

However, there was another exception (table or view does not exist), so I have not been able to confirm the success of Insert.(It is not a problem with this topic though.)

Hi Kenji,

Thanks for your input. I will do those changes and publish a new component version for Outsystems 11. If I get access to a version 10 platform I will try to add a fix for that version too.

Regards,

Marcelo