Radio Button: Value

Radio Button: Value

Hi again!

I have a little problem on my eSpace...
I'm using two Radio Buttons "pointing" to the same Local Variable.
Each of them has a different Value: 1 and 2 respectively.
When I run a Screen Action of that Web Screen, I assign the Local Variable to a Site Property.
I do this because, in a later Action, I want to test the Value of the Radio Button selected.

The problem is that it seems that the value never changes.
Am I forgetting something? Shall I use a Session Variable instead a Site Property? Or even another approach?

Thanks for your time and help.
Sorry, the Value correctly changes... (I checked that using Service Center!)

The problem is that, it seems that a Timer Action doesn't use the changed Value...

Can this happen?

Maybe the Site Properties do not "affect" Timer Actions... :S

Thanks again
Hi Ricardo,

If you want to implement a global application configuration variable which value can be changed in a web screen of your eSpace, storing this configuration value in a site property is NOT a good option.
- Site properties are to be seen as constants (or values that change _very rarely_).
- Site properties are to be managed in service center only. (only in very specific and rare situations would you need to do a site property update in your flows).

To store a global application confinguration variable you should use an entity field in the database. In case you are using Enterprise Manager (EM), the best solution is simply creating an EM Global Setting that you can manage in the EM backoffice and create/update/get in your Servivce Studio flows with the GlobalSetting_Get and GlobalSetting_Set EM public actions.

Now, trying to answer your question: why doesn't the value gets updated in your application?

There is one possible explanation (in case you are using a multi node outsystems server)

The fact is that site properties exist in the database but their value is cached in the memory of each Hub Node in your Outsystems server. When you change the value of a Site Property in an assign node, you are only affecting the value of that site property in the database and in the Hub Node cache where the operation is being executed: the requests executed in other hub nodes (for example, your timer) continue using the value they have cached in memory. To overcome this problem, there is a build-in outsystems action that you can use to invalidate the site properties cache: TenantInvalidateCache.

SS Help: "The TenantInvalidateCache is a built-in action that removes the elements that are in the cache of each Hub Node. Since the site properties are also kept in cache, this action also clears the site properties values, which are reloaded from the repository."

Best Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
I'll try the EM option!!

Thank you for your time and patience.

Ricardo Evangelista
<quote>
- Site properties are to be seen as constants (or values that change _very rarely_).
- Site properties are to be managed in service center only. (only in very specific and rare situations would you need to do a site property update in your flows).
</quote>

Maybe that is the explanation to this: http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkForums/ViewTopic.aspx?TopicId=3269 !
Or that, or my problem has another source... But I didn't modify IT Asset Manager... It's the original version!