Hi How do add a IsFlipped action to a button so it flips

Hi How do add a IsFlipped action to a button so it flips

Hi How do add a IsFlipped action to a button so it flips, is it possible to activate the IsFlipped so it goes to the back card from a front card and visa versa?. 

Hi Zapptaa,

I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about. What is IsFlipped?

Hi Zapptaa, 

I didn't see this feature before and I think you have to make as a UI workaround 

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Zapptaa,

I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about. What is IsFlipped?

I think Zapptaa means something like a business card, or something alike, which you can flip to the backside of the card.

Is this what you're looking for?

https://silkui.outsystems.com/Patterns_Mobile.aspx#Mobile_Content_FlipContent

How to useUse IsFlipped parameter to control the content which is initially visible.

When FlipSelf is true, the element will react to a user tap by flipping. If false, the flip will only be triggered by the variable in IsFlipped. - I ve already added a button just need it to move onto the FlipSelf reaction when its pressed. 

Solution

Hi Zapptaa,

If you set the FlipSelf property to True, then the card will automatically flip on tap. If you don't want this behaviour, then you can set the FlipSelf property to False, and in order to control which card side is displaying, you need to assign a boolean variable (e.g. ShowBack) to IsFlipped. When you change the value of that variable, the FlipContent will automatically be re-rendered and the front (ShowBack = False) or the back (ShowBack = True) will be displayed. You can do this simple assignment in the Client Action that handles your button, and the platform will take care of the rest. 

Solution

Thanks, Jorge, That's great thanks for your help..

Hi, Sorry Guys I am a total noob! How would I do this if I wanted to add it to a button? The Tap part of it works and I set it to false then I select the button and then?  

Hi Jorge,

I was looking for something relating to your answer and came across this. My question is ,  (while using flip content in a carousel)  )that if a user flips a card (to its back position) and goes to the next card, is it possible that when he gets back to that card again he finds it in front position not the back state where he left it?

eg. Front card is A, back card is B. He flips A ,  B comes at front and after reading B goes to the next card present in a carousel , and when he gets back to the same card he finds card A at front instead of card B.

cheers

hafsa

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Zapptaa,

If you set the FlipSelf property to True, then the card will automatically flip on tap. If you don't want this behaviour, then you can set the FlipSelf property to False, and in order to control which card side is displaying, you need to assign a boolean variable (e.g. ShowBack) to IsFlipped. When you change the value of that variable, the FlipContent will automatically be re-rendered and the front (ShowBack = False) or the back (ShowBack = True) will be displayed. You can do this simple assignment in the Client Action that handles your button, and the platform will take care of the rest.