mobile popup - outsystems 9

mobile popup - outsystems 9

Hello, I'm developing a responsive site for a client using outsystems 9.0 with silkui (yes it's old and I can't change it) and they want a mobile popup but the RichWidgets popup is only for desktop websites. Does anyone know a way to create a popup on a mobile device in outsystems 9? There are no widgets on silkui that do what I need it to do because it's a lot of content and the modal isn't large enough. The only idea I've come up with in using jquery mobile but I don't want to use outside libraries if I don't have to.

Brit'ne Sissom

In version 9, there is ONLY web pages. You can SHOW them differently in mobile, but they keep being WEB pages :)

So the popup will work in mobile also, as you will see your application in the broser of the mobile, or in the OutSystems Now (that is a browser).

But I wouldn't advise to use popup's in mobile. At all... 

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Brit'ne Sissom

In version 9, there is ONLY web pages. You can SHOW them differently in mobile, but they keep being WEB pages :)

So the popup will work in mobile also, as you will see your application in the broser of the mobile, or in the OutSystems Now (that is a browser).

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

I don't advise it either but it's not my choice ha

Brit'ne Sissom wrote:

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Brit'ne Sissom

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

I don't advise it either but it's not my choice ha

lol

Sometimes we can convince the right people to change the requirement. Sometimes not. lol

In any case, you can use it. It will work. Will give some work, probably, to put it in a way that is usefull..
Example, in the OutSystems site, when you are in mobile and opens a message, it opens a popup, and is amost impossible to read it, or write the answer...

Popups... :)

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch