Table within table

Table within table

How to add table within the table?

Hi Bagale,

Can you elaborate a little more on your question?

regards,

IB

Hi Kavita,

You can not use table within table directly but you can use recordList and use table in webblock then you can insert this WebBlock in RecordList in this way you can achieve the required functionality.

Thanks

-SK-

Hi Shashi/ Box,

Actually our requirement is to have an editable table with another list to editable records.

There is a parent table. On edit of a record from Parent table user should be able to edit parent table record data  PLUS a list of records should be shown as editable below the parent table record. 

Save button will be on parent table. When user clicks on save only then data from Parent as well as Child Table records should get saved.

Thanks in Advance.

Waseema.

Hi Kavita,

You can achieve the required functionality in the way i explained but you need to use source recordlist of webblock in session and need clear session variable after click on parent page button.

If you want i can prepare a demo for you.

-SK-

Shashi kant Shukla wrote:

Hi Kavita,

You can achieve the required functionality in the way i explained but you need to use source recordlist of webblock in session and need clear session variable after click on parent page button.

If you want i can prepare a demo for you.

-SK-

Thank you for the guideline Shashi. I will try it out once if I am stuck with it I will get in touch with you.

Thanks,

Waseema.

Hi Kavila,

Would you mind to change the Topic title so that others can find the right topic? [could be Parent-Child Update All At Once]

regards,

IB

I Box wrote:

Hi Kavila,

Would you mind to change the Topic title so that others can find the right topic? [could be Parent-Child Update All At Once]

regards,

IB

That will make more sense..

Thanks.

hi Waseema,

Given:

where the entities:

Find:

Cookbook:

1.  Add Editable widget and populate with the Child aggregate based on the Parent's ID (define in Preparation Action of the Parent Detail

Screen):

- let these events blank (or you can put another logic per requirement basis- for example checking duplicate or not)

2. Put more logic (delete/insert/update child(ren) ) in the Save Action:

where:

3. Try It

regards,

IB

Apart from all the technical issues, I want to add that this scenario seems very user-unfriendly, and probably would benefit from a major UI overhaul.

Developer comes from Oracle Form background will find that this UI is very user-friendly and save much time to entry data.

Regards,

A

Solution

Hi,

Please check attached OML

Solution

Gopal Jite wrote:

Hi,

Please check attached OML

Thank you Gopal.

We did something similar. But not table within list record. y using this we can elimate some extra code chucks for edit mode.

This is what we were looking for.. 

Thanks,

Waseema.