Internet Connection Issue

Internet Connection Issue

Hello guys,

I'm currently working on a module which has LOTS of auto populating feature.

Let's say A fills a form.

Based on the data inside the form, system will decide whether it's going to pass the data to B or directly to C.

This decision is happened instantly when A fills the form (using auto populating feature).

The problem is happened if the internet connection suddenly disconnected when A fills the form.

After A submit (now connection is ok), the data can be passed to the wrong person (passed to C instead of B, or vice versa).

Do you guys have any idea how to prevent this issue?

In mobile we have NetworkStatusChange feature, do we have something like this in web?

If we have it in web, I'm thinking to do force-logged out when the network is down.

But I don't thinkk this is the best idea.

Appreciate any kind of help.

Thank you.

Hi Lady,

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Who are A, B and C? Persons or forms? What is the "auto populating feature"?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Lady,

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Who are A, B and C? Persons or forms? What is the "auto populating feature"?

Hi Kilian,

A, B, or C is person.

It's like an approver matrix.

For example, the system is about requesting to get higher credit limit.

The rule is, for an holding company as requestor, the approver matrix can be jumped from A to C.

But if the requestor is only a subsidiary company, the approver matrix should be A to B, then B to C.

Nah, the next stage of approver matrix is auto populated based on the company type.

Let's say requestor choose "Holding Company" on the form, the next stage should be C right?

But because of connection issue, this auto populating action cant be done on runtime.

When requestor submit the form (now connection is back), the form will be passed to the wrong person.

Can you get what I mean?

Hi Lady,

I think I understand what you mean, but I'm not sure what causes it. You say it's a web app (or so I understand from your question "In mobile we have NetworkStatusChange feature, do we have something like this in web?"), but a web app can't do anything client-side (unless you have extensive JavaScript), so I don't see how it could populate anything when it's off-line.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Lady,

I think I understand what you mean, but I'm not sure what causes it. You say it's a web app (or so I understand from your question "In mobile we have NetworkStatusChange feature, do we have something like this in web?"), but a web app can't do anything client-side (unless you have extensive JavaScript), so I don't see how it could populate anything when it's off-line.

Yes, that is what I thought as well.

I'm asking for a help from "experienced" perspective.

If you were me, what would you do to handle this issue?

Force logged-out maybe?

Or any other suggestion?

Hi LAdy,

Appologies for the late reply. I have unfortunately no answer, as it depends a lot on the cicumstances of the connection problems and the code you want to execute. However, web apps (being client-server) rely on a stable network connection with the back-end, unlike mobile apps that can be developed to keep working off-line. What you seem to have is a situation that makes web apps just not suitable.

Hi Lady,

It's hard to say for sure as I may not be seeing the whole picture, but the 'Assigning' to B or C, can't this be made when the person 'A' submits the form? How is this logic implemented, can you give us a little bit more of context ?