[Location Plugin] Plug in is not working in android.

[Location Plugin] Plug in is not working in android.

Forge Component
(17)
Published on 26 Sep (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D
17 votes
Published on 26 Sep (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D

Hello,

I have a problem with my location plugin.

When i test it in outsystems now it works fine, but when i test the apk in a android device it does not work.

I have checked the device permissions and are active for location.

I have also tested the check location plug in and it returns true so it is working.

Can anybody help me with this problem?

Hi Mario,

Are you getting any errors?

Suraj Borade wrote:

Hi Mario,

Are you getting any errors?

no, no errors

it works fine in outsystems now but on android it doesnt work

Hi Mario,

Suraj is also asking same what is the error you are getting in your mobile device after installing APK.

Do one thing install same apk to another device and check, I think it will work.

Then let me know the result.

Regards,

Rajat Agrawal

Hi Mario,

If it is working in other device then follow few steps from below link - 

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/30620/Plugin+is+not+working+when+enabling+GPS+after+app+started/

Regards,

Rajat Agrawal

Rajat Agrawal wrote:

Hi Mario,

Suraj is also asking same what is the error you are getting in your mobile device after installing APK.

Do one thing install same apk to another device and check, I think it will work.

Regards,

Rajat Agrawal

O have tried in 3 devices and it does not work. It only works in outsystems now 

Ok,

Can you share the oml file and actually what the functionality is not working.

Regards,

Rajat Agrawal

Rajat Agrawal wrote:

Hi Mario,

Regards,

Rajat Agrawal

And I get no errors..

Have you put your device to allow the Location plug in.

marco groenenberg wrote:

Have you put your device to allow the Location plug in.

Yes I have location on in my divice 

When I try too get the direction from where I am to a destination it works fine with outsystems now. Bue when I try in a android device where I have location on it doesnt get my location. I am using location plug in. And I have no errors when I run the app 

Solution

Mario try to use a LocationTrackerOnPositionChanged action and places the LocationTracker widget on the screen where you are going to use location, so in LocationTrackerOnPositionChanged try to show a message with the lat, long.

Solution

I have made some tests and ir gives me this erros message: application does not have sufficient permissions.

But the location on the phone is active

Hi Mário,

Could you please try to go into Settings > Applications and there validate if your application has permissions to use the location plugin?

Let me know if it helped. 

Try to put the actions GetLocation and WatchPosition in OnReady, in my case it worked